Issues with FFB not being present when getting in the car in iRacing

Wow Buddy, you need to chill out.

People are trying to help you. :wink:

2 Likes

LOL. Yeah, I suppose they are Joe and I get it I get it.

I think my point is that in my opinion (and yes, opinions are like assholes I know) that “YoU N3eD DiFfErEnT FiRmW4R3” is a pretty weak response without any justification to back it up. I don’t mean to be a complete dick about it.

Perhaps a firmware downgrade will be the solution but Mika seemed to offer 3 concrete things to try. Other suggestions 1) don’t suggest that the people responding have had or experienced the issue and 2) simply infer that FFB issues are the result of the firmware kludge which folks are griping about.

I do appreciate the responses but they have been a little light on details.

Responded to Joe about the same thing, and point taken. I do appreciate the help.

Glad you are taking it lightly. :slight_smile:

There is a really good bunch of guys on this forum and try to help each other. Some of us hard headed guys :wink: have been around since the beginning of the OSW DD Wheels and this forum.

One thing you need to remember, on many issues there is not a crystal clear answer. And new things keep popping up.
Sometimes it is PC issues, others it is some Gremlin in a new software releases etc etc.
And if a problem can’t be resolved quickly the best course of action is normally to roll back to the last known trouble free firmware.

Hopefully we can get you sorted and you can start having fun!

2 Likes

The issue I had was, as best as I can tell, intermittent. It is possible I’m simply not hearing the time-out beep because I’ve got over the ear headphones on and I’m in VR so the issue may be lack of situational awareness…

But, perhaps some limted good news. The past two nights I’ve hopped into a few practice sessions and ran some laps. Before clicking “join” in the iRacing UI, I press the estop button and then release it. I’ve had no issues with losing FFB when getting in the car.
While that’s a pretty small sample size, perhaps I’ve been missing the time-out all along.

I’ve got a race on Sunday and will have more time jumping in and out of servers tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

Permanent High Torque mode does not have timeout based shut downs. May be try to enable it.

I have I have high torque mode enabled and have since the very beginning so maybe that’s something to investigate further.

However, prior to “joining” a session in iRacing this weekend I toggled the e-stop each time. I can clearly hear the beeps when the wheel is enabled through my headphones.

Didn’t have a problem at all…not once…I even jumped in the car after spotting for a couple stints. Did the same e-stop toggle and it all went smoothly.

I’m not saying I’m out of the woods but certainly this past weekend showed progress.