IONICUBE 1x - LinMOT Settings

Hello everyone! I want to homing Linmot ps02-23sx80f-hp-k motor with IONICube 1x. The instructions I followed:

And some motor values:

Technical Data
Max. Stroke 780 mm
Max. Force 67 N
Continuous Force 13/24 N
Max. Velocity 7.3 m/s
Position Repeatability ±0.05 mm

Mechanical Data
Stator Diameter 23 mm
Stator Length 105 mm
Stator Mass 245 g
Slider Diameter 12 mm
Slider Length 130 - 850 mm
Slider Mass 90 - 700 g

I want to homing but Tracking Fault gives. Now let’s go in order:

• I’m not sure about Motion Dynamics.
  • Again I’m not sure most of them.
  • Axis Scale, Max Speed RPM, MTC, even feedback device. When I click Autodetect Commutation Sensor, motor gives an tracking fault when it performs 90%.
  • I’m not sure FVT and FEV.

Actualy I’m not sure about some parameters. Some values are not written in Linmot Technical Data. I want to do everything as in Wiki, but it doesn’t work. I’ve also looked at a few solutions for the Tracking Fault, but I can’t find the appropriate parameters for Linmot. Sorry for that :frowning: What should I do?

Hi Samed

Motion dynamics:
Read the Granity right side = related wiki page thoroughly for explanation of each parameter.

Homing:
I didn’t see any home switches in the video you linked in your ticket. If you don’t have physical switches, you’ll need to set some threshold value into Granity/Goals/HMH. If the value is zero, IONI assumes a physical switch is used and moves the axis until such is found. If the axis moves to the maximum position, tracking error follows as IONI still tries to move the axis.

The Maximum peak current can be used in homing, however it’s always assumed that the axis moves with much lower current. This doesn’t matter too much, as IONI assumes hard homed when the driven current rises above the set threshold MHM.

Also, refer to the related wiki page for details of each parameter.

Commutation:
This refers to a HALL-sensor, that doesn’t seem to be present in the Linmot. HALL-sensors are used to skip phase search during initialization. This is not required, however then the motor needs to be initialized properly during start-up.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Phasing_a.k.a._phase_search

FVT & FEV: leave these high until the motor is properly tuned. Then they can be set to tighter values for safety and proper fault detection.

Let us know if any more questions rises.

Kind regards,
Esa