IONI Firmware; Everything After 1.6.1 Terrible

Hi Loukas,

I tried your settings, they made no difference apart from make the wheel much stronger. I think I prefer the MMS being 65000 also. Can you explain this parameter?

Anyway, the 1.7.1 firmware is really bad, it’s like the steering goes light, not free, but light, & I loose detail, and ability.

Tonight I was driving the F2004 around the nurburgring. No matter how many times you get blown away, you never get sick of it. What an awesome car, and wheel.

But with the 1.7.1, I was loosing a lot of strength at different parts. Turn 4 for example, I could not feel the front tyres, & was never able to make the apex. There was less feel at the chicane also.

Going back to 1.6.1, it was actually much stronger overall, & I turned the MMC down to 11. It still seemed a bit stronger than MMC=12.86 on 1.7.1.
And it’s the MMC setting which sets the strength, so what is MCC ment to do?

OK, so now I’ve tried the latest Simucube firmware, with the 1.7.2 ioni.
It’s much different again, this is the best one I think.

It’s still a bit weaker, I put it back to 12.86 on the MMC. But I’m not loosing any feeling, turn 4 was no problem, & the steering was solid again on the way into the chicane.

I wonder what’s going on?

Mms should be set to 1000 rpm to match your servos spec.

Have you tried simucube 0.9.10 which has the latest ioni?

Hi Loukas,

Maybe over the next few days, if not, next weekend

Ok, I’ve been testing a bit with the 0.9.10, 1.7.6 combo.
This is very good now, I didn’t do a direct comparison, as I’ve come off a 2 week break.
But driving the F2004 around the Nurburgring, there seems to be more range than ever before, self aligning forces are smoother, and seem to have more of a gradual build up, in a way that’s more realistic.
The forces also seem more fluid; before there seems to be some noise, in that they were not as continuous as they should have been.
Very good detail in slow corners also.

2 Likes