I want to run Argon and VSD-Ex 160 from ethernet smooth stepper

For efficient support requests, please consider using the template below. Fill-in the (blanks) and provide additional info when necessary. Thank you! Best regards, Granite Devices team.

I have a question regarding (product) regarding (issue).

My hardware configuration:
PC (Mach4 hobby),Ethernet Smooth stepper,VSDEPI BOB,Argon Drive and VSD-Ex 160 drive
Modified(retrofitted with Encoder ENC-A5DI-1250-375-H-G) Magmotor BF46-H500H
-(drive firmware version)
-(other details)

Problems arise when:
I would like to have a schematic on connecting the Argon Drive to my existing BOB
I know its a bit of a Frankenstein project but I would like to get 2 axis running on my mill before buying more drives

How it behaves:
-(describe system behavior)

How I would expect it to behave:
-(describe)

I have attached following files:
-(consider adding saved Granity configuration file .drc)
-(screenshots)

I also would like to share that (additional info).

Note: you can tag the best answer as solution. This helps others to find the solution to the same question.

Hi Rick

Did you already check the Argon wiki pages? Here we have examples and the schematics for the inputs:
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Argon_user_guide/J5_connector_electrical_interfacing

I’m assuming you are using step/dir setpoint signal, and for this I would skip the VSDEPI and wire the smoothstepper directly to Argon (and VSD).

Here’s an example to single-ended step/dir wiring:

Kidn regards,
Esa

Thank you Esa,
I will skip the VSDEPI,I just want to run the servo in real conditions before I buy more drives.