Huge input lag + random droped signal

This should probably be a separate post and maybe its been asked before but does your job have something to do with servo drives or is it just a passion? You always seem to have the correct answers for just about anything that has to do with these.

@Thomas: I have been involved in industrial process controls since the late 80’s, of course communications to drive-controls formed part of that experience. So does trouble-shooting/diagnostics of process control systems, so in a way, it is related to the equipment we’re using, but just on a larger scale.

Wrt Sims and dd-wheels though, it is not something I am getting paid for, it is a deep passion I have for improving the sim-experience for myself and others: I have been working with Granite Devices on strategies wrt dd wheel development since the Argon days, been doing a lot of brainstorming and testing with them, but on my end, it is passion driving this :smiley:

On my own rig, very little is not diy. Even my pedals are my own hydraulic creation, I just luv this stuff…

3 Likes

I figured it had to be something like that. Ive seen many of your posts on different forums and its always obvious you have a very in-depth knowledge of how these work.

I did know you’ve been involved pretty much since the beginning of the DD movement.

You should post some pics of your work. We all know about your monster 60nm base. :smile:

Haha, I will post some pix up for you guys, hopefully it’s not to boring. I have work logs up at iRacing, but I guess many guys don’t have access there.

So I will post a few random pix of my rig, wheel and pedals, as well as a motion-setup I am currently working on :slight_smile:

Looking forward to that one to get finished…

2 Likes

Im sure it wont be boring. the Iracing guys probably know but it would be cool to hear how the whole DD thing came to be. We get a glimpse of what and who was involved here being able to talk with you guys but it would be neat to know from the beginning. Definitely something for a separate post. :smile:

Haha, will do, cheers Mate :wink:

1 Like

changing power cables of SFX motors to shielded ones really help with EMI issues.