How to get rid of cogging in recon filters below 8?

We perhaps could share some data but there is insufficient time to gather the results and publish them :frowning:

Yes, I think the Mige (small) has pretty minimal cogging based on the results with mine. I’m glad to know that it’s slightly better though, so thanks for the help. :yum:

@Mika As my current compensation is only 0.01a, would changing the scale (x*) allow for finer tuning of the cogging compensation? In other words, using a scale higher or lower where the result could be improved even more?

I do not know how that part of the IONI firmware is implemented. There are negligible benefits from doing that fine adjustments, so time will be better spent on just driving :wink:

3 Likes

Even the raw data would be massively appreciated! :slight_smile:

I suspected as much Mika but, thank you for your response. :+1:

sorry if this is a dumb question, but i’m not sure i ever understood what the difference between cogging and notching(ripple?) is, so i feel this is a good place to ask. Is cogging just “dents” that are heavy or rather far apart and notching small increments or how do you determine the difference?

Cogging - notching/stepping caused by the magnets driving the servo motor when unpowered.
Ripple - stepping/notching felt when the motor is under power and producing torque.

‘notching, stepping’ and other terms are just words to describe the feeling of the effect caused by cogging and/or ripple.