How do go back to older firmware

Hi i’m on fw 1.0.30 and would like to go back to 50.4d.

Can you i press the start from scratch button and do it that way?

I have all my profiles saved.

Still have this issue

We are not supporting the use of 0.50.4d beta as it has very serious issues compared to more stable 1.0.x branch.

However, you can launch the 1.0.30 via a shortcut with added parameter fwdowngrade
(just that, no dashes up front or anything).

Then, when it says that found Simucube in firmware upgrade mode, quit and launch 0.50.4 beta instead, and it will update.

Nothing can be promised, that is, we haven’t tested whehter or not 0.50.4 beta can read the 1.0.x firmware parameters correctly, or would it try to reset them, or, in worst case, hang totally.

Does not launch upgrade mode

We are likely compiling a new Simucube 1 release next week as well.

Can you state the reason why you want to downgrade to a more than two years old beta version?

I have zero feeling and would like to compare to old firmware as its the only thing i’ve changed.

Honestly find it weird how its not easy to go back to older firmware

I took a look, and it seems that the documentation for Simucube 1 was wrong.

Firmware downgrade can be initiated by command line parameter fwupdate

Then, when it says that found Simucube in firmware upgrade mode, quit and launch 0.50.4 beta instead, and it will update.

Doesn’t seem to be a next button :upside_down_face:

that was one of the bugs in 0.50 versions… you might need to downgrade all the way to 0.11.2 first, and then save settings at least once, and then go to 0.50.4

ok is updating, will this also downgrade ioni?

IONI must be downgraded separately via Granity. However, there are also bugs and issues, please at least check whether or not any of the old versions have issues that affect you. Do not install any IONI firmware version that we have pulled from the wiki.