Help planning a setup around Simucube 2

Hi everyone!

I’m new and it’s my first post here…

Over the last 3mths, I’m slowly putting together steps to have my sim racing setup at home.

So far I’ve managed to purchase SimLab TR1 and am finalizing the Heusinkveld Sprint pedals and shifter.

The only thing left is the Simucube 2 Sports model and this is where I have a couple of questions as follows;

1. For mounting is SL8509 bracket good enough or should I wait for SimLab to release a front-mounted bracket like this one SL6848.

2. In order to save money, for now, I was thinking of getting a MOMO Mod27C 270mm steering wheel. Which SimuCube compatible paddle shifter and button hub will work this wheel? Please provide links so I can ensure I’m buying the right things.

3. Is there any other adaptors I need for making point 2 successful?

Anything else I may have missed please let me know.

Regards
Manav

the mount will be ok for Simucube sport as it is the same for SC1 SL8509

For the button box I use a ascher racing b16. I believe they have a size that will fit that box. Its wireless as well

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve looked at it, but if you are investing in a good wheel button box, plus the cost of the Mod 27c, I’m not sure how much money you are saving over just getting the wheel you want in the first place. Have you already invested in the Sim-Lab mounting arm and Heusinkveld shifter? Unless you have specific plans to regularly race cars where the shifter is integral to the experience, you may want to save the few 100 dollars, euros or pounds that this will set you back and put it towards your wheel. It makes more sense (to me) to invest in a quality wheel with good paddle shifters that will be in your hands every time you sit down to race. I recently sold my Fanatec shifter with every intention of buying a Heusinkveld or Aiologs sequential shifter, but driving modern GT3, LMP, or F1 cars most of the time means I don’t miss the shifter. The paddle shifters will still let you go up and down the gears. Or not - just an idea of how to arrange the budget.

Continuing the discussion from Help planning a setup around Simucube 2:

I’m sure you’ve looked at it, but if you are investing in a good wheel button box, plus the cost of the Mod 27c, I’m not sure how much money you are saving over just getting the wheel you want in the first place

Thats the problem it seems all wheels for SC2 are quite expensive.

Have you already invested in the Sim-Lab mounting arm and Heusinkveld shifter? Unless you have specific plans to regularly race cars where the shifter is integral to the experience, you may want to save the few 100 dollars, euros or pounds that this will set you back and put it towards your wheel.

Too late I already purchased the shifter and pedals :confused: my plan was to have one F1/GT3 wheel and one for rally

Don’t feel bad about your purchases :grinning:, they are all excellent. I was just offering a different way of sequencing things so you might get the wheel you’re after up front. If I may though, if you’re buying an SC2, a Sim-lab rig, Heusinkveld pedals and shifter, likely already have a solid gaming PC and display, it seems odd to balk at the wheel price. Having said that, a lot of people would love to have a Mod 27c with a quality button box -it’s nice kit. If you have your heart set on a Precision Sim Engineering or similar priced/quality wheel though, it just seems like you’re headed there sooner rather than later. Ask me how I know.

1 Like

Totally get your point.

I’m sure Ascher and TURN are fantastic but to be honest I just want a modular and cheaper option. My view was get a Momo mod 27 for GT3 and F1 and seperate Sparco or MOMO wheel for rally.

And then buy a seperate button box for the mod 27. This way I could have 2 steering wheel for a price of one high end.

I just need a standard button box so I can paddle shifter, KERS and DRS my way around if I feel like F1.

Anyhow I’ve reached out to Penguin RC Simulation and seems like they have PSMOD_27lc G10 which will work and is $299. That leaves me enough to buy 2xsteering wheels. :blush:

It’s such a pity we can’t use fanatec’s new F1 wheels…

1 Like

Regarding Fanatec F1 V2 rims. Simon at SRM has solved that issue @Manav :wink:

1 Like

King Leo solved the problem.
Simon made it pretty.:grin:

2 Likes

:joy: that doesn’t look complicated at all

Nice find though

I hate you so much :wink:…just placed an order for the R20 from Turn Racing next stop B16M-USB or SRC paddle and shifter pro.