Has anyone made Euro Truck Sim work?

Glad I found this post. My profiles all had the DirectInput Effects at 0%. Made new profile at 100% and got my FFB back for ETS2. Would appreciate anyone to share their settings, would be great to see what others find feeling best.

Hi Guys

im really happy that Ats works aswell but i have a little issue: the friction and the sine wave work but the spring effect works not propper and is left or right ca 15 degrees off center. and that makes it a bit a pain to driveā€¦ i drive at a straight and take the hand of the wheel and it moves to the left or rightā€¦ it depends in your last bigger steering movmentā€¦ what i thing everything is set rightā€¦ even 200% spring dont make a differanceā€¦

does anyone knows a solution ?!?

I will have a look at the spring effect implementation. Maybe it does not use the saturation value as it shouldā€¦ :thinking:

the ffb from the plugin in the ets2 forum is way more realistic and better than the standard one. im using a gimx adapter to emulate a g27 (the plugin only works with logitech wheels normally). the spring also works with that

I saw that 50Keda made a Linux version of the plugin and states that:

ā€œ1. Support for ā€œanyā€ steering wheel. Linux port should work with steering wheel of any brand as long as itā€™s linux driver supports constant force application.ā€

He got the source from the original auther (Supric), so perhaps one could try to get a hold of the source and see if it can be redone for use on our wheels.

Iā€™d rather not emulate a 900ā€™ wheel as Iā€™m a huge fan of using ~1800ā€™ of steering.

• Thomas

good news for us truckerā€¦

to aktivate the center spring you have to turn down the frictionā€¦ just give it a tryā€¦ tested with ATS^^
just turn it down to 75%

if it work give me please a short feedback :wink:

1 Like

this is my momentary ingame settingā€¦ its way not perfect but its okā€¦

1 Like

Yes, of course friction makes the centering weaker, as they are just counteracting forces. The friction is not as solidly defined in Directinput specs as other effects are.

Do the trucks have such strong centering spring type of feeel in real life?

1 Like

Is it possible to have SimuCIBR set at 1800ā€™ and have that converted via the GIMX to the 900ā€™ of the Logitech wheel, and then still have the full 1800 on the wheel? Eg 2ā€™ on the wheel results in the ā€œLogitechā€ turning 1ā€™? That way I could keep my 1800ā€™ and still get the FFB provided by Supricā€™s plugin.

Thanks

• Thomas

yea it works, i just set it to 1800 in simucube. i even installed a 1800 animation mod and ingame is synced with my wheel :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Mika no, the center spring of a truck is really slow and smoothā€¦ but if you dial it down to this feeling the fiction will stop it and dosent work :-/

i hope and pray that someday scs will overwork their FFB system from scretchā€¦ it would be an enormus step forward for the feel and deaph of the game^^

1 Like

Any other configuration that includes any improvement of SimuCUBE and within ETS2 or ATS?
Thanks

If someone finds anything, please let us know. But we are limited by what the game is giving; a mix of damping, friction, centering spring, constant force and square wave effects, it is a total mess and not realistic at all.

I tried with the GIMX and the Logitech FFB plugin, but never got it working. I think the best workaround until SCS reengoneers the FFB, is to have the FFB plugin rewritten so that other wheels can take advantage of it. A Linux port was created that supports all wheels, so it should be possible. From what Iā€™ve read, using the plug-in makes a great difference in feel and realism.

• Thomas
1 Like

The FFB in ETS is very odd. The Sine Wave slider appears to be the one to adjust the centering spring feeling. While Iā€™m not 100% happy with this setup, itā€™s better than Iā€™ve had before. In-game the centering spring is only 1 notch above 0.

1 Like

Yes, many sims use sine wave effect with magnitude = 0 to generate constant torque. In this case, the sine effect strength slider is not doing anything.

If the magnitude is other than 0, i.e. game is using this to generate engine vibration, Simucubeā€™s sine effect generator uses the slider to only affect the oscillating part of the sine wave.

The problem is rather that the ETS2/ATS FFB code really sucks. If you turn of centering, there wonā€™t be any centering by the FFB at all, which feels very weird.
Since the FFB in general feels very weird, I decided I turn it of completely in those games.
Instead, I added a bit of friction and damping so the steering wheel doesnā€™t feel as light.
There isnā€™t any centering as well, but nowadays I got used to it.

Itā€™s on my list to try out the realfeel plugin, but using ETS2/ATS on Linux isnā€™t really a pleasure, since the OpenGL code is pretty awful and old. Performance really sucks compared to the DX11 engine they have on Windows.
Vulkan is on the list, but thatā€™ll still be some time until it arrives.

Well, this thread was nearly 3 years old as you revived it and i think Mika will be upto a new challenge nowā€¦ as now, the new 1.42 update find actual physics effect in the ffb ingame.

But, in all fairness, i think some of the other users will have been expirimenting with ffb settings in the meantimeā€¦
So, by replying here, i actually hope some of the boys and girls out there are willing to share one of their expiriments :wink:

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

2 Likes

I always found the old built in profiles for ATS/ETS to work pretty well.

There was a problem with the game where if I made a sharp turn, the centering force would be off to the left or right, and Iā€™d have to quickly turn the wheel in the opposite direction to get it so the force centered the wheel properly. Aside from that, it always felt pretty great in ATS/ETS.

Well, they (SCS) are still developing the feel of the force feedback, so for now, make sure you go to default, then reset your settings. (as some of the old settings will still be present and misrepresent the current state of FFB in the game.

Iā€™ve botched together a setup that feels kinda good, iā€™m pretty sure there are greater minds out there, but this seems to suit me for now:

hope it helps some of you hometruckers out there enjoy your Direct Drive wheel even more!

Woof ~ WOof & ~Salute!~

Steiny

2 Likes