Forza Motorsport support request

With Forza Motorsport supporting Simucube, it would be great to have AP effects working with the game as well. Are there already plans to implement Motorsport support in Tuner down the line?

Yes, if we get hands on to the game telemetry data format and that the format includes required stuff for ActivePedal. We’ve been busy and haven’t been able to find conclusively the format used by this game.

That’s great to hear.

Not sure if this is useful information for you at all, but Simhub offers telemetry support for Forza Motorsport, and in the settings it says that it uses “UDP telemetry”

Yeah, there are various links to FM7 data format, and also FH5 data format. These games are using UDP similar to Dirt Rally etc. games. The difficulty is to try to figure out if any of the github repositories have the correct format parsed for FM8.

Format “Car Dash”

this is the easy part. Finding the correct definition of data format before jumping into implementation would be nice.

May be contact Wotever on simhub discord, he is usually very responsive.

Yeah, I’ve discussed with him. There doesn’t seem to be any official documentation on the UDP interface available for packet format. TC and ABS signals aren’t there. It will be difficult to make any pedal effects.

I hope you didn’t forget the promised TD release. Wasn’t there a plan to release it as combination with your active pedal software, which just lately received an update?

It was also announced to get the TD update after sommer holidays, and we now are in the middle of autumn holidays.

Beeing active and publish some sort of information is imo the better way to deal with customers, rather than hoping they either forget about, or getting tired of asking

We have released news about the Simucube 2 Software Update yesterday. I will update the forum next week.

Does this mean the game does not have ABS and TC at all without any chance it will ever offer them? And would engine vibration and g forces still be possible, once you have the data you need?

I have TC disabled, but ABS seems to be triggering tactile.

There is tire slip data but no information about the ABS action.

Oh yeah, you are right, both ABS and TC effects are shown in red in SimHub as not supported for the title. Interesting, wheel slip kicks at the time when ABS starts blinking.

Just wanted to follow up on my previous questions, can you please get back to me on this when you have a minute? “Does this mean the game does not have ABS and TC at all without any chance it will ever offer them? And would engine vibration and g forces still be possible, once you have the data you need?”

If we had working contact with the studio to get a request through that they should add abs and tc flags to the UDP data, then yes, we would then make them.

Other effects are still possible, we will have a look at implementing support some time soon.

1 Like

Excited to see that Motorsport was added to Tuner, definitely looking forward to trying it later - the g-force effect is probably one of my favorite things about the APs : )