First problem with my sc2 pro

hey thanks for answer… I not looking for small imperfections… I can live with something small… but, trust me… there is no 2,5,10% difference in color… there is something like 25-30% darker… looks weird… just what to know why is like that…

look at photo please

I see it, I compared it to mine. And I totally understand your point :four_leaf_clover:

I would be happy to get a meanwell.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting Meanwell PSU, this is update from Phiphong for R2 Mika was mentioning earlier.
It is a better piece.
As for anodization quality. Not sure, it is up to you to raise a ticket or exchange with the dealer. It probably looks much worse on the picture due to the flash. :man_shrugging:

BTW, mine is black and shiny all around. The middle piece is the motor, may be supplier changed their anodization process a bit, so it doesn’t match parts made by Simucube anymore. Could be just batch, could be the way it is now.

so Im lucky to have meanwell… its nice to hear :heart:its pretty new production date base, april 2023… so question for PU is solved, meanwell is pretty good.

question about differences in colors we solved partially, different butches, different production… and when assembly they put 2 pieces from different batches and this happen? I can live with that if thats a case… not problem…

and question for color peeling of base on the upper corners… can I put little black matte color ( something like color for car paint shops, with little texture ) and spray little with airbrush? I dont want to paint whole middle section because I want to keep my Simucube logo on the sides

As long as it doesn’t negatively impact cooling I can’t see a problem with this. People also use Fe stickers. And I can’t remember it’s mentioned as a no-go in the manual, nor somewhere else

1 Like

you think about painting? I think cant be a problem because I need to paint very small part

Exactly. It’s going to look much better, and it won’t distract you anymore.

It’s like when you hear a moskito at night: ASAP you become aware of it it’s impossible to not hear it anymore. And you should feel excited, focused while racing/ gaming. Counting colour mismatches isn’t an option.