Ffb intensity slider

Ciao ragazzi! and good afternoon from italy :slight_smile:

I’m here to ask you, please, some advice about “intensity” slide that we can see on FFB settings.
I’m currently running with a Simucube2 Pro wheelbase, i used a lot Assetto Corsa Competizione with a really fantastic FFB but now, after several evening trying, i’m still looking for a decent FFB setting on iRacing with my Simucube2 Pro.
Can I ask you, please, yours settings about “intensity” slider? Is better keep at 0/50 or 100%?

thanks for your time guys, really….and if you have some screenshot about True Drive software or iRacing FFB settings….will be very very appreciated

take care,

Ema

This works only in iRacing when linear mode is checked,

The Intensity Slider does nothing for the FFB unless you use the “auto” Max Force setting in the F9 Black Box…

The “auto” will look at your driving and find the telemetry range used by you on that car under the conditions you are driving under to find the Range of FFB from low to high output. When you click the “auto” it will then set your Max Force setting to 95% of the upper value recorded.

This process gives you 95% of the detail that the car you are driving puts out, HOWEVER, in some situations this can make the wheel too strong or too weak as Max Force controls the actual at the wheel strength that you receive.

The Intensity setting is there to correct this descrepancy (a Little)… Basically it is a secondary calculation that is done on the “auto” where 100% will set max force to the original “auto” calculated value. If the Intensity is set less an additional calculation is done on the resultant “auto” value to add headroom to the signal opening up the range and lowering the force at the wheel.

This calculation is weighted based on the setting that was placed on the Wheel Force slider as well to try to allow for a more consistent balance of strength across all cars.

So basically if you don’t use the “auto” functionality in iRacing you can pretty well just ignore the Wheels Force AND the Intensity sliders and set Max Force manually to set your force at the wheel…

For Way more information than you were looking for regarding how iRacing deals with wheel strength her is a complete overview that I wrote up on the subject in the iRacing Forums.

https://forums.iracing.com/discussion/10857/iracing-force-feedback-setup-explained-wheel-systems/p1?new=1

1 Like

Dear Bsohn,

let me say just a big thank you about your above reported reply and also about link provided to me because is very useful, really thanks!! I’m reading all now and is very complete

thanks a lot dear

The FFB in iRacing is not as informative regarding grip as in other titles no matter the settings and motion/tactile feedback doesn’t add anything in this regard as well. Better try irFFB and it’s seat-of-pants-slider.

Oh Mamma Mia…never heard before irFFB…can I ask you what is that? and is useful to have?

thanks for your time

ema

It’s an alternative FFB for iRacing, but I don’t play iRacing anymore, so better look in the iRacing forum for more info. There are many people who can’t drive without it and it certainly adds something to the FFB that’s missing in native FFB no matter what settings you use. Be aware that the maximum force is reverse, so higher is lower.

Personally I would try running higher at the wheel forces BEFORE running irFFB for a newer Wheelbase… irFFB’s main intention was to enhance smoothing for wheels without advanced single smoothing such as the SimuCUBE… It was originally developed for the OSW wheels that used MMOS firmware.

The Effects are derivatives of the iRacing telemetry feed and are not actually a different or non native addition… They are derived from the iRacing Telemetry and then boosted… the issue with this is that in order to do this it adds latency to the system… Again it is NOT an alternative feedback it is derivative.

By increasing the at the wheel strength you are bringing the same signals that irFFB is using to boost signal into a more usable amplitude (as irFFB does) but, it is also balancing that with the rest of the telemetry from the system which creates a more balanced output that is more true to the actual telemetry being delivered… Some people do feel that the cornering weight gets too heavy in iRacing, for this once you get the strength up you can use the static (constant) force reduction filter to help lower the cornering weight back down with less latency than irFFB will create.

Thanks a lot @bsohn!!
You use a very real, important situation to show that the constant force reduction option really shouldn’t be removed. @Mika , I really hope that you reconsider that.