Fault location 480901

So are you getting any FFB i other games or is it just Assetto Corsa?

1 Like

Hi @Mika .all fixed now turns out he only had 1 psu lead from Augrey.so he bought another but that had a 1 amp fuse and that failed he got another lead with a 5 amp fuse and that fixed the prob…

2 Likes

Was able to finally have my new SC2 Ultimate working in Project Cars 2 a couple days ago. Had more time today to start working to get it adjusted in TD to suit me. I was very surprised at how little torque I was getting in PC2.

I rec’d a couple 480901 motor comm faults just within a 20min. or so period. Also rec’d a “high motor voltage” once (I think it was… no fault number).

I usually start True Drive first, and then PC2, but have also started PC2 first instead. I always leave TD minimized, although not sure that’s req’d.

After trying a while, wtihout getting any FFB settings that made sense in PC2, I decided to just shut down the sim and just test with TD running. I restarted TD, and in default Safe mode without High Torque Enabled (4.4NM), I noted a reasonable amount of torque. I then pressed the ‘Enable High Torque button’ and finished that process. After this, the system beeped twice, and then the torque disappeared. It did not increase to 11.4NM, just disappeared.

Something does not seem right with this Ultimate system. Please advise if I’m missing something, or let me know any other tests I can do. Thx.

Without any sim running, you would only feel the friction and inertia

Happened to me again, this time i was able to capture the log. Computer was on , had the SC2 base off. Turned it on, turned on my F28SC wheel , opened TD. Everything seemed fine until i made a change to one of the settings where the 480901 error appeared.

It happened to me once before, but like before i simply closed TD , restarted the wheel and it seems to be fine. Hopefully the log will help narrow down the cause. 480901 sc2 error.txt (11.9 KB)

I got this error a few times from day one but only when i had simucube on before TD software.

Now i follow the following procedure and never seen the error again:

1. Turn PSU on
  2. Turn PC on
  3. Start TD
  4. Press power button on e-stop (ultimate) substitute for power button on pro/sport

Then turn on high torque

E stop is always released, not pressed

No error

Each time I start motor on before TD i would get the error

Hey Mika I asked tomo about adding the Advanced Paddle module but he said you guys don’t support clutch paddles right now.

But my question is when you guys come up with your new wireless processes for clutch does that mean we have to buy a whole new simucube 2 wheel base?

We are in the process of designing an improved version of the wireless wheel module. No ETA on its availability, though. Support for these types of functions and wheels that are built on that version of the module will be added to Simucube 1 and Simucube 2 via firmware update.

5 Likes