F1 2020 Freeze due to my Simucube 1

Hi guys,

all is in the title, I had some 4 secondes freezes (and always 4 Sec)on F1 2020, I tried all what I can, and other steeringwheel too, and no problem with a F… G29. I have this freeze only when I drive with my simucube.

Sometime when I start the wheel after the F1 2020, I haven’t any freeze, but I have this most of time.

Thx

Julien

Hi Julien,
I can recommend you connect Simucube to a usb2.0 port connected directly to the chipset on your board, and not via a 3rd party USB controller, like Asmedia.

I discovered this problem In early 2015 on some ASUS boards, switching to chipset USB2 always worked. Try that and let me know what you find.

My feedback if course assumes that you have correctly grounded your Simucube and that you are also using shielded power cables to your servo, as well as a line-filter on the 220V Ac supply to your 48V HV psu.

Cheers,
Beano

Hey Beano good to read you here, The world is small.

For sure my simucube is correctly Grounded, the psu is 1000w meanwell (yes 100w is really too much, at the start of the project we were looked for a 750w but out of stock at that time.

My motherboard is an old Asus Maximus VI Hero c2 (2013), but work very well, can run almost all the game in ultra the i7 4770K is a old beast^^, but staying strong in 2020 ) and 16Go DDR3 2133MHz cl9.

I’m not on USB 3, but my wheel is not on a chipset USB2 so I will try that.

Thank you Beano, see you on track
Julien

Hi Julien,
Ha, small world indeed :slight_smile: I thought the same when I saw you post earlier. Yes, older 4th Gen Haswell CPU’s are strong, I still have a 4770k (Haswell) and 4930k (Ivy Bridge E) here as backup cpu/motherboards. Should probably set at least one up as a Plex media server, they are extremely good chips.

Let me know it goes with your efforts, if my input doesn’t solve the issue, I am sure Mika will be able to further support. See you out there, hopefully you get sorted quick!

Cheers,
Beano