Doubt new firmeware Simucube for Assetto Corsa

Maybe its an effect of the 1250 vs 2500 Hz rate.

Maybe. I didn’t test v8.11 in AC, only v8.12.

But I have tested DirectInput damping at 0, 50% and 100% and I would say that the constant firmness is only there when DirectInput damping is turned on. But I might be wrong.

Whatever is causing it (Hz, effects or placebo), it feels good.

I feel like there’s a lot of variables that can play in.

What you’re talking about might be real, when using mmos I used to be able to feel the neutral point of the car when drifting.
However I feel that this feel has faded, I have not tried the damping effect yet.
I’m not sure if my usage of the recon filter could be causing it too.

I may be getting the same. The Lotus 49 was good, but last night I tested the KTM, both with and without damping effect. Prior to v8.11/12 this car was lively and communicative. But now there is a dullness that was not there before. And I’m not sure what the tyres are doing or where the limit is. TBW unlimited, recon 1. More testing required.

Have you guys tried with recon filter off?

AC becomes very noisy my case, i can do It with other sims.

That “electrical” noise comes from the encoder?

No, its just pure signal from Assetto Corsa then.

Did you have to use the overall filter in MMos when you used that firmware?

Yes, overall filter was on 5 think, also 30% filtering of damping,

User damper 30, saturation 20.

I have same little noise now with recon 1 , 1500.

With those settings AC ffb was nice.

But AC have never feel so good as It does now.

xD

1 Like

Same here. Wheel is ‘noisy’ with no recon, but silent with recon 1.

As far as I can recall (it was a while ago now) with Mmos I had overall filter about 7.

With MMos, I used both the Overall Filter at 3 and between 10-20% AC Game-FFB filter as it seems to be very effective at avoiding any large FFB spikes without reducing detail so much.

Using FW v0.8.12, I can run AC at Recon 1 and no game-filtering. I do have the Dampening applied (30%) for standing resistance but, can’t say that I’ve noticed any significant difference in feel when driving.

Hello,
there is a way to configure granity firmware to simulate the old MMOS behavior? it’s enough to set recon =0?
The feeling is that in AC loose something on detect in time oversteer, with mmos seems to be more responsive.
In iRacing instead I only had improvements.

Thanks

Lorenzo

Recon filter to 0 = off is the same as MMOS with no filtering and no MMOS Effects.