Disable STO on Ioni Cube x1

Hello,

I have just finished to wired my Ioni Cube x1 with an Ioni Pro.
I have connected an simple Quadrature rotary encoder and an BLDC motor in order to drive it in position mode.

I’m able to see that the encoder is working fine into the Granite software interface but no torque on the motor.

I guess this is due to the STO function and i’m looking for a solution to disable it.

What is the easy (better) way to do it ?

Can I use “SimpleMotion V2 termination with bare cable” on Ioni Cube x1 ?

Thank you

William

I have a doubt because of this sentence : “SimpleMotion V2 communication link and Argon and IONI drives use RJ45 connectors and cables as physical connection standard. While the preferred way to terminate SimpleMotion V2 bus is to use SMV2BRK break-out-board or IONICUBE/IONICUBE 1X devices, there is also an option to do it with bare RJ45 Ethernet cable. This page instructs how to achieve proper termination.”

Maybe there is a mistack inside and “While the preferred way to terminate SimpleMotion V2 bus is to use SMV2BRK break-out-board or IONICUBE/IONICUBE 1X devices” shoud be on

Otherwise could you confirm me that I can connect on X4 connector the pins 19 and 20 to the pin 2 (5v) to enable the driver and switch off the STO ?

Thank you

For those who have the same question, we can enable the driver and stop the STO by connecting pin 2 on pin 19 and 20 directly on X4 connector.

Hi William

For some reason I missed your posts earlier, sorry for that!

On IONICUBE 1X/4X there is the SimpleMotion termination resistor and dip switch to enable/disable it, so the original sentence is as it should be. It’s true though that this could be explained in more detail.

You got the wiring right. Simplest way to disable STO and enable the IONI is to wire those pins you mention.

It is highly advisable though to have a e-stop switch in the STO wiring. It is Safe Torque Off function after all.

Kind regards,
Esa