Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2

I dont get the calibrate button, Dirt rally recognizes the simucube 2 pro but I can only load game presets not calibrate when I press device options, any solutions?

I can’t select it as primary steering device either.

Hey @Nellma not sure if you found it, but you get to it by pressing F2 at that same screen you took a screenshot of. I had trouble finding it too

Hi thanks for the answer but as I said I can get to device options (F2) but in there I don’t get the calibrate option :frowning:

Oh sorry I must have missed that. can you “Edit Device” and then assign left/right steering?

Yes but it treats the bindings as keys I think because I have to turn the wheel all the way for it to react and assign it. So when driving like this I can only apply full steering to right or left which is really weird :slight_smile:

I remember habing the same problem with dirt rally 1. When i assigned axis it showed as left and right. Then i read this https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/dirt-rally-osw-settings.9599/

Also bind your wheel like this ,( from jason jordarski on iRacing)
To bind your wheel in DR you will need to do it so it shows up like , not Left/Right.

To do this first turn the wheel 1/2 turn CW then click “Steer left” and turn the wheel CCW (it should show up as Inverse X-axis)

Then turn the wheel 1/2 turn past center in the CCW direction and click “Steer right” and turn the wheel CW (it should come up as X-axis).

See if it works the same way for dirt rally 2

1 Like

Anyone mind sharing his good steering profile on dr2? thx

You may try the settings i had posted back on 22 & 23 February as a base.

once I’ll finish downloading the 106gb of DR2 GOTY edition on Steam, I’ll surely try your settings…never seen a bigger amount of gb for just 1 game

Ehh, you are actually right i just noticed that its 108gb on my hard drive. I think those settings were based on a 33cm wheel plus 700gr buttonbox. If your setup is different (lot lighter), you might have to play a bit with self-aligning, damping/friction and inertia. Also you might have to adjust (±5%) the self aligning depending on the type of car (fwd/rwd/awd) as well as the road surface. Basically i found that for each car and country, i had to slightly adjust the settings to have a good feeling (e.g. in snow i think you would increase the overall strength in TD by more than 5%…). Also, if you go for lower DOR e.g. 480, you might have to decrease the overall strength.
Overall if you spent the time to dial the settings correctly for you, this is a very fun and can be a very challenging/satisfying game. If you add VR in the mix, then it is just amazing…
Let me know how this goes for you and always happy to give more ideas.

2 Likes

Hello i just buy a new semicube 2 pro , i play the ACC and works very good but when i try to play Dirt Rally 2 it is not working.
I use the 2020.7 simucube true drive
I try it with this 3 lines posted by Mika i put them in the file device_defines and same problem

If i go to Input Settings at Conected Devices the semicube 2 pro is there but the keyboard is the primary steering device , then i go to advanced settings there i cant change the options , i cant calibrated , in the game the whell do not steer

the version of the game is 1.15.0

Any ideas ???

i think it is the same problem like Nellma

Try going to Input Settings and press down so that the Simucube 2 Pro is highlighted and then press F1 to set as primary steering device. Then click on the Simucube 2 Pro to get the assignment screen and try assigning the steer left and right again. After that go back to the previous screen and press F2 to get to the calibration option.

Also as per this post:

The xml should not need editing any more so check you don’t have the lines in twice now.

i will try now thx , i put the original file back always i made a copy before y edit a file

i was on the input setings then conected devices i go to simucube 2 pro , if i press f1 nothing happned (primary steering device is always keyboard) if i remove the keyboard from the PC the primary steering is still keyboard, if i press F2 appears just the option Load Device Preset
i do not understand where is the assigning screen u mean input reporting?, if that is if i go there and try to steer left or write appears left or right like butons and the steer is always 0
I try aswell to chage the PC , i put the simucube an another pc and is the same

thank you very mutch u try to helping me and sry for my english if u have others idea i am happy to try everything thnak you again NuScorpii

Try going to Input Settings and then Input Reporting. Rotate the wheel to maximum left and right and see if it reports wheel left or wheel right at the top.

If you can see the right and left report above then make sure you have the Steer Left and Steer Right bound:

If you haven’t bound the the controls then you can’t set as default steering device or calibrate it.

i did noit know that i will try now thx

Finaly it is working but now i have a problem with calibration , if i steer 90 degrees right and left the whell not steer only after , i do not uderstand what happned with this game i try from 15 minutes i wil try more combinations if u can help me with this thank you anyway

and another thing at the calibration u have 4 stages
1.Calibrated steering ful lock
2.Calibrated steering 90 degrees
3.this stage is skiped i do nto know why
4.calibration sumary

the thirs stage si skiped why ??

By default, Dirt Rally 2.0 has a huge deadzone in steering axis. You can adjust it in the game settings.

1 Like