Cube controls GT Steering wheels?

Great info here guys. Thanks for sharing.
Was considering the OMP but that won’t happen now i guess. Might go with the new turn racing button plate with wheel or SRB GT3.

I use the top left toggle for lights on/off; bottom left toggle up for light cycle; bottom left toggle down for flash… then top right for wipers on/off; bottom right up for cycle wipers; bottom right down for dash page cycle. This leaves all the other buttons free for more often used controls.

1 Like

Guys, any idea if these toggle switches work in AC, RF2 & AMS2?

Yes. If you’ve been following the discussion, they are just equivalent to momentary button presses.

The top two are 2 way non momentary and the bottom two are 3 way momentary. I’ll test in these 3 sims to see whether the top two work there as expected. The bottom 2 work anywhere.

1 Like

The physical switches are non-momentary, but they just send a short signal upon toggling (in both directions) which is why I keep saying that they are functionally equivalent to a momentary push button, except more fiddly.

Note that I am discussing the two top ones, since those are the only ones on my wheel (I have the Lite)

3 Likes

Apologies SleipnirRacing! You’re right. I did not consider the possibility of such 2-way toggle switch behaviour. That means it will work in any software though, which is probably the reason they did it. Would otherwise have tons of customers calling in saying their toggles don’t work.

On a custom button box I made for myself, I have a proper non momentary toggle switch for ignition, and that one is subject to software supporting non momentary on/off toggles. Personally I think it’s kind of ridiculous not to support it in “sim” software. Iracing seems to be the only one to take custom controller support seriously. Especially evident in their support for the ALPS 7-way funky switches that don’t work properly in any other sim I’ve tried so far.

Yeah, agreed. It seems like they really wanted a latching switch there but only later realized that latching switches are tricky in games.

[quote=“Siimo, post:27, topic:6036”]
On a custom button box I made for myself, I have a proper non momentary toggle switch for ignition, and that one is subject to software supporting non momentary on/off toggles. Personally I think it’s kind of ridiculous not to support it in “sim” software. Iracing seems to be the only one to take custom controller support seriously. [/quote]

That sounds nice, but for ignition, isn’t that a bit risky? Are you not telling the sim “keep my car on as long as you see this button pressed”? If so, if your button box should disconnect for some reason, however briefly, the engine will die.

I have written extensively on the CC implementation of the 7-way :smiley: The way CC designed their board is bad. Fanatec and many other brands use the exact same switch, but their electronics (correctly) interprets (directional input + click) as just (directional input). CC’s works in iracing because you can bind the combination (directional input + click) to (direction) yourself, and I guess not all sims support binding combinations.

1 Like

I have a wireless CC wheel, so no funky switch on that, but what you describe is exactly like my own manually wired funky switch on the custom button box. I’m using the Leo Bodnar BBI64 board, and they said their firmware won’t support dealing with this issue in the near future. However CC, selling rims with this switch to the public, should really sort it out.

As for the ignition, no problems so far, but yes technically the engine could cut out one day. If it does and causes some serious problems, I will consider other options. For now, I’m loving the heavy duty real race car ignition switch on the box :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank, great info! I started on Fanatec wheels where I wasn’t even aware that the directional clicks I felt weren’t individual ones but in fact the centre button, and that the directional inputs were being generated with very slight central movements. Hopefully Bodnar will update their firmware at some point!

1 Like