Compensation for Delays

I’ve been generally pretty patient, I understand delays happen and sometimes aren’t even in your own hands to either resolve or happen in the first place.

However, assuming I’ll receive my Simucube 2 at the end of August, I’ll have waited for almost 4 months. While being told multiple times delivery is due in a week or two. This sort of communication is unacceptable (as it has been noted several times elsewhere in the forum).

This is starting to remind me of the farce that was the Fanatec Podium Pre-Order. Here is a reminder what customers received as a compensation for the long wait:

All customers who pre-ordered the Podium Wheel Base DD1 or DD2 will receive a free steering wheel. It will be the new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which is due to be released in May next year. It is very similar to the F1 2018 version we just released, but comes in a special and exciting new colour scheme. It is also a limited edition product, with a value of 349,95€/$, 519.90AU$ or 44,900YEN!

So, I’m asking you @Tommi, @Mika, and everyone else at Granite Devices. What are we getting?

You surely can’t leave it as it is. You’ve basically lost all your reputation already, this can at least recover parts of it.

2 Likes

There was a 3 month delay on my Accuforce V1 and a 2 month delay on my HPP’s, I never asked for compensation because unfortunately some times these things happen.

Chill out, you’re getting your hands on an amazing product #soon

4 Likes

HPP is a one-man-operation. He’s upfront about long lead times.

Granite Devices is a for-profit company. With several employees. And 2.5M€ shareholder capital (not that it means anything). And pretty much no communication.

That’s quite the difference. Isn’t it?

1 Like

I bought my HPP’s in 2014, got the emails to prove that he was anything but “upfront” about production times back then.

It’s Saturday. Give them a break, they don’t have to work 24/7.

I’m sorry but this is a bit of a rant.

I’ve been reading these forums for the past few weeks while I wait for my Simucube 2 like everybody else. I must says that I honestly haven’t seen somebody as negative and as annoying as @alessandro85. I’m sorry but at this point, I just wish you would cancel your order and go another way. Yes it’s annoying and I wish I had received mine already too but shit happens… It sucks but that’s the way it is.

I’m not bashing the thread because I think it’s relevant. I’m just tired of seeing your negative posts on every threads around here.

Rant over

5 Likes

I didn’t know that. My point still stands, it’s a one-man operation. Expectations are slightly different.

That was a good laugh, thank you.
You are so kind worrying for me.

@alessandro85 yup, only to write that actually… Just annoying only seeing negativity when we’re coming here for informations

Admin is there a way to block/ignore a member ( you will not see their posts) like there are on other forums?

1 Like

agreed!!! getting old!

Yep Joe, I have been wondering the same.

The current tone of a few posters is not good for harmony in the long run :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t worry guys, already sent a message to Mika and Tommi asking to delete my account since it’s not something I can do by myself. But I appreciate your concern.
Edit : if it’s something that @phillip.vanrensburg can do too, we can shorten the time.
Bye!

Yes Beano I am tired of reading thru the Nasty to get to important information.

It was such a pleasant place to share info before the SC2 started.

1 Like

I am just a regular member here, like you. Just getting a bit tired of your constant negative tone.

Settle down, realise most of us are here on our free time to try and support the larger community getting useful information on settings and profiles etc. If this negativity continues, there is no value for me being here.

There has been a few unfortunate delays with ramping production up, it is one of those often unforeseen things in life. Exercise a bit of patience for a short while longer, I know it is tough, but you will get your hands on arguably the best mainstream DD wheel available.

You brought your message across, justifiably so, but enough is enough, Mate, seriously. I know Tommi and the Logistics-Team is absolutely doing their best to speed things up, without sacrificing quality and long-term reliability.

Have a good Sunday, looking forward having a positive you here and supporting you and the new owners going forward.

Take care,
Beano

9 Likes

I don’t understand the compensation thing. This a new product and we all waited. I wasn’t happy about it but I waited. If they did give compensation then guys would be complaining we waited too. No matter what they do its a lose lose for them. So come on guys GD has always come through so just hold on for a little bit longer.

1 Like

99 percent of us get it and are waiting patiently.

3 Likes

I am not sure how it can be 4 months, but without going much into specifics, some promises that have been made in to the customers does not only come from Granite Devices and thus there can be some who got promises from distributors which could not be uphold by GD. These sort of issues have happened, but I am not sure how this has been communicated to the customers that is the blame basically transferred to us or has the distributor admitted that what has actually happened (that something was sold that was not promised from us to the distributor). There are several actors in chain before the customer actual gets the product. However all of these actors are learning and improving and so are we learning and improving so that customer expectations can be met.

Difficult to know why this sort of action was made, might have been something they had to make so that customers don’t demand their money back that might be in millions for them + salvage some reputation loss, which might be better / good for them.

At the end you will get at least state of the art direct drive force feedback wheelbase. I don’t think that customers would need supplementary state of the art servo drives in any other form than SC2 which was one reason more purpose built product was made.

I disagree, We have basically just started SC2 mass production. Were you aware of our company before the Simucube 2 product?

This isn’t true. Not that we would correct this sort of distributed missinformation here or elsewhere with facts, but still, thought to mention.

The reason is that we are busy making the products for our customers, but we have recognized the need to hire a person that helps the community in the sense that the people feel that they get faster communication / responses.

5 Likes

Just to be clear. I mean no harm. I trusted you by purchasing a pretty much unproven product (I pre-ordered before any batch 1 deliveries were made). That’s not to be underestimated.
What I got so far were months of frustration and no information if and when I’ll receive the product I paid for. I hope you understand. I understand delays happen, I don’t understand dead silence about any of it.

I am not sure how it can be 4 months

Assuming end of August delivery: May, June, July, August. 4 months.

However, as previously mentioned: I’m glad we’re getting a tested product, rather than something which was rushed to market.

Were you aware of our company before the Simucube 2 product?

I was aware of GD, due to the SimuCUBE OSW kits.

don’t think that customers would need supplementary state of the art servo drives

I wouldn’t say no to a supplementary QR.

This isn’t true. Not that we would correct this sort of distributed missinformation here or elsewhere with facts, but still, thought to mention.

That’s public information from the Finnish company register.

The reason is that we are busy making the products for our customers, but we have recognized the need to hire a person that helps the community in the sense that the people feel that they get faster communication / responses.

Lovely. Thank you. I believe that’ll be a very welcome addition.

It is difficult to say that what has exactly happened other than misscommunication or missunderstanding somewhere at some point in time. I am not sure that what exactly happened but my understanding is that all of the delays or especially experienced delays are not 100% our fault as we are not the only one doing communication.

OK, understandable.

So you ordered at the end on April or early May?

Yes, all units are stress tested before packaging and if you mean the testing that actual users have tested the product, that is true that we have had a field test of 3 months at customer sites now without any electronics failures as of now.

Hard to know for sure that is it something the customers want as is, but as an idea I can say that it is not impossible to consider.

I think that you may have missunderstood the print.

2 Likes