Buy Simucube 2 Pro o DD1/DD2?

Hello, I have the Fanatec CSW V2.5 and I would like to know if it is worth changing and I will notice the change very much compared to a Direct Drive. Within the options, what do you recommend? The Fanatec DD1 or DD2 or the Simucube 2 Pro? Money doesn’t matter, I prefer quality, thank you! I only have the rim of the BMW GT2 that I would sell with the base, that would not matter haha

When you walk into Ferrari dealer and ask if you should but a Porsche or Ferrari what kind of answer do you expect to hear?

8 Likes

Hi! If the money is not a problem, the Simucube ultimate is the best…
Fanatec have not a similar product.

2 Likes

He wasn’t asking about the Ultimate as an option, only the Pro.

I’ve never owned any Fanatec stuff (for a good reason…) but so far I’ve heard several people saying that they were slightly disappointed in the step up from a CSW 2.5 to a DD or SC2 because in their opinions the CSW is already very good and the big financial step up didn’t show for it in the FFB feel.

I also can’t comment on Fanatec kit but have noted how many people in the main FB sim groups I follow have said how glad they are to have ditched DD1/DD2s (and Fanatec kit in general) for SC2s.

It might be ‘empty vessels making the most noise’, but I’ve yet to spot a post by someone moving the other way…

FWIW, I have a racing friend who is very happy with his DD2 but has a quite large investment in the Fanatec system. He also seems happy with the often moaned about Fanatec QR wheel hub system.

If the money is not a problem, the Simucube ultimate is the best…

Get the SC Ultimate, I don’t see the point in the sport or pro, Just seems to me like extra steps for an inferior experience, At least You will Have covered all your bases for a very long time, if not completely.

Everything else I’ve tried seems gamer grade, Not that their is anything wrong with that, But if your willing to spend the money, you may as well start at the top, and work your way up, Looking at Heusinkveld Products.

Also don’t cheap out on a rim, I did, then tried a Proper rim, and new I had made an error in Judgement.

hth

J

1 Like