Bumps and kerbs are very powerful and aggressive

@Mika what is the correct way to cut down on high peaks?

Reduce the overall strength in True Drive, and increase the forces in-game.

4 Likes

Got it, tonight I will turn the slew rate off and test. I will keep reducing the TD strength until I get a close enough feel

Be aware guys that for ā€œUltra Low Latency modeā€, higher is not necessarily better.
This effect anticipate the lost but if there havenā€™t one, it anticapte something that is not there and it create wrong behaviour.

EDIT: If you are in doubt, maybe the better thing to do, is to use the official setting for this one (GD profil).

Please let me know if you find something interesting. Seems your feel of road is more or less similar to mine))
Since iā€™m from first batch of SC2 i already tried TD power at 14Nm and higher in-game max force like Mika and Beano suggested about half year ago. It was ok, but this Cup car still was very painfull to drive due to these spikes. Now with 0.22 setting(i have not yet tried 0.22) i still have more or less same road feeling as with lower TD Nm setting, but we donā€™t have these wrist breaking spikes.
@Mika problem, to me, is only this Porsche Cup car, other car donā€™t have these wrist breaking spikes. I donā€™t drive stronger open wheelers(yet), but scippy was also ok.
I donā€™t know, maybe i should try TD @ 14 and something like 5nm/s setting, but for now with 0.22 it really feels good for driving

As usual @Mika was right.

I turned off slew rate and low latency, both to Off. I set TD force at 10.7Nm

in I racing I set both sliders to 32Nm. so it basically sets the peak to whatever is set in TD.

just because my motor is capable of 31.4Nm I should experience that. 10.7 is plenty.

I can tell you the big spikes are not as bad as before, getting lot of details and sharpness.

I did drop my times by another 1sec.

so like Mika said there is a better, right way to do the same thing.

I am now going to test between 9 and 11Nm and see what I like best.

I also reduced the friction to 14% and inertia is still 18% - this will be fine-tuning.

Dampening I am at 29% in TD, for smoothness.

I tried the iracing simple profile again and didnā€™t like the feel. so just working on the advance.

2 Likes

So u 2 sec faster in couple days)) nicešŸ‘šŸ¼ But i donā€™t get itā€¦ then i set 10Nm in TD and 25/25 in iRacing i get a lot of clipping. I was driving today with 15 in TD, 15 and 32 in iR and no slew rate. It was good. I find lower settings in TD more comfortable to drive. Easier to steer.

1 Like