Brand new Simucube 2 Sport feels terrible in Assetto Corsa and randomly loses FFB or decides to go full lock

Well there are 2 options.

1. your SC is faulty, DOA, which is unlikely but possible.
  2. your settings either with TD or AC make it not perform as it can or should.

Screenshot reveals details that you maybe are not considering will affect the feel of the forces.

Also I don’t think it matters how other products work or don’t work. If your Accuforce didn’t need any special settings it doesn’t mean every other wheel out do either.

Anyway the weakness indicates it could be something with the power supply or high torque mode if it’s really the wheel and not the settings you are using.

@SuperMonaco_GP Here you go. Besides all the attempts above here is the most recent attempt at just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks:

some considerations :

• using recon filter at 7 on a title with 333hz ffb makes no sense at all. lower it to 1 or 2 max
  • too much friction and inertia, ac just needs some damping and very low friction (try 10 and 2)
  • set all ingame effects to zero (kerbs, road, slip, abs)
  • enable ingame gyro and disable all csp ffb settings

this is my ac td profile AssettoCorsa_2021.07.22_17.21.ini.txt (878 Bytes)
remove .txt and load into td + calibrate ingame wheel at 1180°

this my cm settings :

1 Like

Try filter off to max 3. No dampening, friction, inertia. If you want 100% force use static force reduction so the force in turns isn’t that heavy. Adjust in game. Your settings make it undriveable

@SuperMonaco_GP

Thanks SuperMonaco_GP. Like I said I was just trying to get some kind of FEEL out of this wheel as it’s just numb and lifeless. There is no sense of being connected to the car or tires or road and at the moment it’s certainly not worth the cost over my Accuforce V2(in fact it is worse).

I imported your settings in TD and copied your CM (although I am confused how in CM your gryo is on when it is greyed out and Unlock Experimental settings is unchecked). Thank you for providing them.

They are certainly drivable settings. This whole time the wheel has always been drivable. I can do similar laptimes but that’s only based on using the correct steering inputs at the correct time, not FFB.

Your settings still feel similarly lacking in detail. Is there torque/resistance to turning the wheel? Yes, that’s never been an issue. There is just no feeling of connection with the road or tires. It feels like I am driving on solid wheels over a road that has zero groves or grain or texture to the surface.

I think i understand what you mean and sort of felt the same with what you are describing here. To the contrary of what many people say and like, i sort of hate the way the standard gyro works in CM which to me kills the connection with the car and also causes issues to some cars. I posted over a month ago some settings which helped a lot the situation for me and some others.

I must add that they are not perfect, i have further tuned them but havent bothered to update the post. I ll probably do that later on tonight. In the meantime you can try these and see if at least they are in the right direction for you.
One more thing might be that there could be some corrupted files in AC, so it never hurts to revalidate them through steam.

@Panschoin

Thank you for sharing your settings. So far this has been the best result yet! Out of all the setups I tried this is the closest anything has felt to having some kind of feeling from the road/tires but it’s still not what I am expecting.

Even with these improved results from your setup I am having a hard time swallowing the price of this “upgrade” when the performance I am getting out of Simucube is still worse than Accuforce and is more like a downgrade for $1500. Sure I can keep tweaking and chasing setups but why? It seems like the best thing for me to do is return it and go back to the Accuforce as far as I can tell there is zero benefit to the Simucube and this just blows my mind because so many people rave about Simucube. Maybe it’s magic in other sims and it just doesn’t work well with AC FFB? I have 100s of hours and $ invested in AC so comparing it another sim is of no benefit to me.

I am also confused how one person can post in the same thread “no you can’t use that setting it’s undriveable” and another person posts “use that setting.” I am also floored at how major such small changes can be in this system and how little I had to do to get excellent feedback from the Accuforce.

Panschoin lease post your latest settings when you can and I will see if they unlock any magic. I am going to do some more laps when I have time to try to decide if I even want to bother wasting anymore time on this.

No one from Simucube/Granite support has responded to me after their initial response and request for installation pictures and videos which I supplied (as well as a link to this thread).

You should submit support ticket. Unit is most likely a dud. Not often, but things like that happen.

@Andrew_WOT

See my reply above. I submitted one yesterday. Marko Lepola, Support Manager @ Granite Devices responded to me asking for pictures of the installation and video of it in use.

I sent him 3 pictures showing how everything is installed to my Sim-Lab P1-X cockpit with D-Box 4250i G3 motion as well as 2 videos 1 with motion and wind turned off so he could hear anything(nothing to hear) and see me driving with it and another where I happened to catch it in limp mode (but motion and wind were on) and all the FFB just died from the wheel. Not that you can really “see” this happen but you can see me crash and swear as a result of the wheel going limp lol. I also referenced this thread so he could quickly see all the things I have tried already.

But I have yet to hear back from them after sending the requested items.

FFB is highly subjective after basics are in order. Also the force feedback provided or expected from the base, changes between sims, cars, tracks, weather/temperature/grip etc.

So there’s no one truth, and only you can say what are the best settings for you.

I doubt all reviewers, forum posters, professionals are wrong when they think SC is definitely one of the best, if not the best wheelbase. At least after proper basic settings have been dialed in.

One thing to try just to rule out the software error is to remove all AC and content manager settings and start from scratch. You can make backup of course to restore from if you don’t get any improvement. I can’t remember the location of said files off hand, but you should find them from subdirectory of the documents directory. Maybe try without CM also, the plain AC FFB should be quite good also without extra CSP settings.

1 Like

Strange that hardware lock is activated and Simucube not on the list of systems supporting this

@CLAYREGAZZONI

Check again it is listed on my screen(and in my screenshot but it doesn’t affect FFB anyway)

When you limit slew rate to 0.25 what do you expect?? It works in the opposite way!! Off equal no limitation, the closer to off the less you limit.

Ok, my fault. Is hard to see you so disappointed. I have AC and CM but didn’t play it a lot. I once wrote how surprised I was coming from Bahrain to China in F1 2020. I used same TD settings aswell as in game. Track surface, curbs style, EVERYTHING felt different, amazing. I checked all these profiles, as you did, ant went crazy. Now I use filter off to max 3, bandwidth unlimited, everything to 0 except static force and ULLM. On the last page, down to the left you can see if fine tuning filters are active (in case you use them). In a rally simulation like WRC 9 spring to zero would not be very clever while F1 doesn’t accept these filters.

If you still want to try a few things to rule out SW/profile issue.

1. Try to remove TD installation and install fresh latest version. It’s pretty stable to use.
  2. Remove your existing profile and start from fresh even using predefined AC template, it’s not the best but can be a decent start.
  3. Please disable CSP accurate gyro implementation under FFB Tweaks, even disable the whole FFB Tweaks plugin. You can enable one under standard AC FFB settings, but it’s not an absolute must, you just need more dampening without it.
  4. To rule out that problem is AC or SC2 related, try some other title if you haven’t yet.

Good luck.

1 Like

As requested:

I believe you are going to like these as they are a definite improvement over my previous ones.

I am not sure how Accuforce is, never had the chance to try it. AC is obsolete so it just cant use the SC2 capabilities without messing with the filters/settings. You may try AMS2 with a custom ffb file. ACC has some good FFB although not my cup of tea as there is no feeling in oversteering.

As far as opinions on FFB, well that is a very philosophical discussion. People have different preferences, hardware, expectations, knowledge, driving styles and real life driving experience. So yes it is confusing, so just try some settings and see if they make sense to you. There is no right or wrong and no point in debating about it with others.

PM me if you need more help.

1 Like

@Panschoin
Thank you for posting your updated settings.

@Andrew_WOT

Thank you for also posting your settings in the other thread.

I have not had a chance try out either of them yet.

Bad timing on all of this as I am preparing to go away for a few days and won’t be able to sim again until the end of the week. This is far from ideal since I will have forgotten what ANYTHING feels like. I may end up reinstalling the Accuforce V2 to revisit the feel I had before but I fear if that happens the Simucube 2 won’t make it back into my setup as swapping the Cube Controls GT-X back to the Accuforce is time consuming because I don’t run it with a QR (The SimX QR makes it stick out too far for my seating/pedal/screen setup) so I have to bolt it directly to the shaft which means I have to work it on mounted to the rig and it’s a PITA.

I also have not heard a peep from Granite Support after sending them pictures and videos. I was really hoping for something from their end but so far I have gotten more support from this forum and my own research than anything else.

Hopefully by the time I get back I will have some info from them and/or I will try out both Panschion’s updated settings and Andrew’s which should give me a good contrast as both of you appear to have very different preferences which should give me a great contrast. If I am not happy after either of those and/or some kind of magic from Granite Support then I will more than likely end up returning it and sticking with the Accuforce. At the moment this is a $1500 downgrade so it makes no sense to keep it but I am willing to give it another chance when I get back. I’ll post again after I test out both of your suggested settings and if I get any news from Granite Support.

Thanks again for your willingness to share and help me in this debacle. Without you guys I would have given up on it already.

1 Like

I do not see how either settings could make appreciable difference if unit is defective.
Everything should have worked reasonably well even with your originally posted settings, not like a total wreck you described. Try some other sims to rule out issues with AC/CSP installation.
If it’s the same issue there, most like the problem is either with PSU or power control board. Do you get any error codes, or anything in the log.
You can also enable logging into text file by adding log command param to TD executable. Just log, no dashes.

@Andrew_WOT

I made time for myself to test the profiles as I realized when I wrote my response above that it would be really hard to come back and start over after being away for several days.

I tried @Panschoin 's updated settings and they improved upon his prior settings but was still not enough of what I was looking for to make me like this wheelbase over the Accuforce.

Then I loaded up @Andrew_WOT 's settings from here:

which were VERY different in both TD and in CM/CSP so I was expecting a big change to the feeling and I got one.

I am still not in love with the Simucube 2, but these settings made things much closer to the road surface/tire feeling with the Accuforce that I was seeking and now has me considering keeping it.

On center, mid corner, road surface, the feeling of tires and being connected to suspension showed itself for the first time since I got this wheel. Most importantly I was able to drive 4 very different types of cars, street supercar, GT3 Cup, LMP1 and Formula Hybrid and these settings worked for all of them. This was critical for me as that was also how I had the Accuforce dialed in and could then just make simple tweaks to the FFB etc in game and save the profiles per car that way rather than needing to load a new wheelbase profile for every car type.

The only difference from the settings linked above are I that used 2 on the recon filter as 1 was too raw in a few areas. What stood out to me compared to other setups that I cloned is that large changes to the recon filter didn’t show nearly as much of a difference as they do now.

The problem I fear now is that so much time has past since I last drove on the Accuforce, that the Simucube is feeling good to me only because I am comparing better settings to bad settings, but have lost what I was comparing to several days ago when I was fresh on my previous setup.

So when I get back from my trip I plan to put the Accuforce back on and return to my prior settings, drive and then swap quickly to the Simucube with Andrew_WOT’s settings and do as close of an A/B comparison as I can in order to decide what I do with the Simucube.

Again my thanks to both of you for your feedback and direction.

3 Likes

You should also try ACC, this is where SC2 really shines. I expect some very positive changes from Kunos soon as they teased new tire model coming here.

1 Like