Bad Drifting settings in assetto corsa

Hi
I’m struggling with my settings in AC.
Trying to do some drifting with my Simucube small life bids encoder.
But,I feel like the wheel rotation is way to fast. It’s impossible to get the smooth returning in drift,the wheel is so fast that I have no chance to controll the counter steer.
Could someone help me with some good settings?

The wheel rotation should be as fast as the car rotates.
If not you have the wrong steering lock. In Content Manager check the “Auto-adjust scale to match car’s steer lock” under Settings / Assetto Corsa / Controls / Axis.

Smooth transitions and end of drifts makes the steering wheel a lot more calm.

I find that using some dampening helps me to control the steering response & speed much better and DD-wheels tend to be much quicker at rotating than many of us can catch (at just the right spot). Also be sure to enable the Gyro effect (AC) - if you haven’t already. Significant dampening plus lower FFB-strength should make drifting easier and more natural for you. More dampening can also better replicate the RL steering feel & behavior under normal racing conditions.

1 Like

My good sir, do you think this approach can be given to Simucube 2? Like the O.P I too have a very difficult time when trying to teach myself to drift simply because of how suddenly and fast the wheel wants to over rotate as opposed to the taught method of letting the car "Steer Itself* during a slide.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Sure, in fact, I use similar settings with SC2.

Try setting SC2 (Not Direct-Input effects) as follows, to start with.

• Friction between 5-10%
  • Damping between 12 - 20%

Each title is a bit different but, you can certainly slow the speed of rotation to manageable levels.

1 Like

could you be an absolute star sir and plop your settings here? I’ve got a set of settings that feel okay and yet terrible at the same time :smiley:

i still don’t know if i should even have the “Desktop Centering Spring” on or off for this :slight_smile:

any help would be muchly appreciate my good sir :smiley: :heart:

Hi i noobs here in simulator drifting …im also looking the setting wheel just right for drift … why wheel fast and sometimes slow … and i cant drift with 7++hp car at all … i use 250 to 399 hp car to practice. but im really weird because if i jump in high hp drift car cant drift at all … my drift skill on 300hp car pretty good i think because already train around 6 week … can any one help me … and i use he ultimate + padels … anything i missing to change for dd wheel on ac files or config and content manager custom shader patch …sorry im not good in english … thanks in advance :saluting_face:

You can try replicate these settings. I have been told by someone that drifts in real life that they feel realistic. I will post my content manager settings next time I’m in my rig