Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Hi all, I have the SC2U, Cube Controls Formula Pro wheel, I finally got the wheel to work thanks to everyone here, however I can’t get the gear up and gear down to assign in the controls section. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance!

Do the shifters work in Windows? You did read the manual about calibrating them, right?

I got it working, was strange, I went back into the game, then re calibrated them and it worked, I swear I did the same thing before but never the less it is now working. Thanks very much for the help.

By calibrate what I meant was adjust the hall sensor trim pots inside the unit, but I’m glad you got it working.

1 Like

Thanks for these settings they feel very good.

I’ve just moved from a Fanatec DD2 to the Simucube 2 Ultimate, and already I am feeling the difference!

I am having one issue though. On the DD2, there was an option to set steering range to AUTO which allowed the game to set the wheels range. I cant see this option in the True Drive software. So I assume each car that has different steering range will need to be set as some cars are very sensitive compared to others.

The settings you kindly shared are set to 1080°. Will I need to find out what each cars steering range is and adjust the True Drive software to match?

Thanks again :smile:

Well the sensitivity should not be an issue. The angle you turn your physical wheel should always equal the steering angle seen by the simulator.

1 Like

Yes, its my fault, I didn’t do the wheel calibration after editing the assignments in AMS2, All working absolutely fine now. This wheel base is stunning!!

4 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but is it best to reduce the overall force of the wheel using the GAIN setting in AMS2 or via the True Drive software?

With SC2 pro here…I always have gain in the game (15-22 depending on game and car) and keep true drive at 100%. U could also try reducing the reconstruction filter in true drive between 3-5 and see how things feel.

1 Like

Great stuff, I’ll give that a try, thanks :smile:

1 Like

Sup guys. After almost 300h in ams2 since beta with a thrustmaster t300 I got a sc2 pro. Played a lot of iracing but jeez I freaking hate its physics, so tried to come back to my fave, ams2. Finally managed to get ffb up and running (had to reinstall, back to using the beta version instead of the standard). Just started fiddling with ffb :smiley: cheers!

I was just wrapping my head around the same dilemma mate. After reinstalling and using the beta version it’s working… Can’t tell if it will work on the standard version

Hmh, I wonder why still so many care about AMS2 (I was hoping for a long time that this will have much potential)… of the typical Sims (AC, ACC, iRacing, rfactor2, R3E) this is the worst. The physics are so unrealistic it is laughable. How almost every car behaves the same out of corners with that overexagerrated oversteer behaviour is a joke. Yes, it may be kind of “fun” to drive, but it is so far away from real car physics.
Not starting with the massive lack of content, being it car or track-wise.
I got it running fairly easy with the SC Pro - but crap stays crap :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sorry to say I have to agree to this, unf.
Still I hope they will be able to clean it up, but that will be years, so not too optimistic on the future of it…

Great, hard working studio, wrong engine choice, and bad project management.
Feel really sorry for them.

2 Likes

There are some big changes in the latest beta with regards to FFB and handling, so it is possible that things will get better. Also possible they will get worse too…

3 Likes

Let me guess you mostly drive GT3/4 and GTE. You don’t use a shifter and a manual clutch. Am I right?
Why do you think the physics are wrong? Have you ever driven one of the cars from AMS2 in real life?

I have never driven any race car but for me AMS2 feels very good. I get every information I need to handle the car. I know why I loose the car, why it behaves like it does. I have played AC, ACC, iRacing and R3E for many hours but in my opinion AMS2 ist not the worst but the best simulation. I have deleted ACC and AC, haven’t played iRacing for almost half a year. I played R3E for a couple of hours but I never got the feeling I have in AMS2.
I love to drive the M1 Procar with shifter, clutch and my 35cm wheel without buttons.

I never had the feeling that every car feels the same. A M1 Procar feels completely different than a Group A or the Ginetta or a Stock Car and so on.

But this is just my personal feeling and personal opinion. We are all different and the most important thing is to have fun and respect each other.

2 Likes

Reiza said up front there would be days like this (2 steps forward / 3 steps back). Clearly, Reiza are still coming to grips with some of the engine’s quirks (Differential model, to name just one), solving existing issues, and implementing some new features. It’s not an easy task but, I’m prepared to wait for updates and see how they manage in the long run.

I like the recent changes to ffb, especially the braking effect. The “new default” works well but, I still prefer to use wheel-damping as opposed the game-damping (Although, the theory of operation sounds good).

Note: For those having issues with AMS2, flushing the player profile after updates may solve some of them. Taking time away and playing something else in the meantime, may solve others. :slightly_smiling_face:

Several wrong guesses, mate ;-)… I don’t like GT3/4 and GTE (basically hated it for a long time as they are poorly implemented in iRacing, at least I thought so until SC2 Pro which made them feel a lot better than the with the DD2) for several reasons: Too many assists, high downforce versus not so much power -> leading to a rather boring car, everyone can drive.
I use a Fanatec SQ shifter quite regularly with Lotus 79 and Mazda MX5 (in iRacing) and some classics in rFactor2.
IRL, I’ve driven some cars on racetracks, including Formula 4 (bloody expensive, but if you have the bucks I highly recommend it!), 911S, BMW M2 with semi slicks and my own car with 430HP+ (BMW 1-series) on street tires. Tracks included Nordschleife, Redbull Ring and Anneau du rhin.
In Sims, I mostly drive Formula 3, Skip barber, Radical SR8 and Lotus 79, with some casual Mazda MX5 events (mostly iRacing, some rFactor2 and rarely AC).
As mentioned in the other comment, my main complaint about AMS2 is not lack of effects, it has tons of it. But it has very similar behavior throughout different car classes, especially when pulling out of corners. How it always goes very easy into oversteer that can be corrected quickly, even with Formula cars… that is just not what you have in reality. First, cars feel much more nimble and more planted IRL (at least what I experienced), and specifically for Formula cars it is much harder to catch them in out-of-corner oversteer situations. In AMS2 you can slide around with Formula cars like crazy without losing control or spin out.
But I admit it is not all bad, for example… hard braking into corners is done quite well in AMS2, similar to rfactor2 and certainly better than in iRacing where you basically brake “blindly” as you almost do not have any feedback on the wheel. For braking I am even okay to have artificial effects for weight transfer, ABS or whatever, just to know how hard I am braking, even my motion platform does not really help with that (rather cheap Dofreality P3, but it’s ok and gives some extra immersion).
ACC on the other hand has kind of an opposite problem: physics are good, but the effects on the wheel are the weirdest I’ve ever experienced in a Sim. Have not deleted it though…still hoping for a wonder in further update.
But as you’ve said play/race what brings you the most fun, no need to care too much about the rest.

2 Likes

My settings for AMS 2 with the october update:

SC2 Sport TD:
Strength: 58% --> 9.9 Nm
Steering range: 1080°

Bumpstop feel: Medium
Bumpstop range: 1080°

Recon Filter: 4
Bandwith: 2200 Hz

Everything else: Off or 0%

In Game:
Gain: 50