Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Has anyone figured out how to get any feeling for the rumble strips. I get absolutely no feeling going over them.

I will say that now with the update its actually predictable. Rough still but its getting there.

I get loads from the rumble strips, I think the feel comes from FX or LFB though

Just run the game for the first time and I canā€™t seem to calibrate my Simucube2. I select custom wheel and separate pedals in the menu but when I try to calibrate either my wheel or pedals I get the message ā€œnot all required controls are assigned. Please assign these before continuingā€ Am I missing something here?

Yes, annoyingly you have to go to the assign controls screen and assign the steering, accelerator, brake, and clutch before you can calibrate them:

1 Like

Ok, thankyou,
managed to get it to see the axis eventually but the wheel is really heavy and it didnā€™t see it until I wrestles it and then let go so it snatched back to center. Also calibrated the wheel, pedals and buttons etc. Set up feedback menu as others have recommended but absolutely no feedback at all. Wheel is mega heavy in the menus and wants to snap back to center. in game its really light. I just canā€™t understand how everyone else seems to have it working. Every other game I have was pretty simple to set up so why after everything that has gone before do I feel like Iā€™m back at the drawing board. 2 days I have had this game and still canā€™t play it. anyone maybe shed some light on why Iā€™m having these issues.

The menu spring is a know issue. You should set the DirectInput spring effect to a very low value in TrueDrive and also in the game FFB menu set it to something like 2. Otherwise you will have difficulty calibrating properly.

There are some good baseline values for TrueDrive and in game FFB earlier in this thread you could try as a good start.

Thanks, I did use some of the other guys setting and my wheel and pedals works as far as control goes but I have zero feedback. Surely I should be getting something whatever settings I have.

Just to check, in TrueDrive is high torque mode enabled?

I have already tried playing with both the FX and LFB at max but still nothing.

Would you mind posting your settings on True Drive so I can compare to my settings?

Did you check the AMS2 forums? There were others (various hardware) reporting no ffb but, the fix was fairly simple IIRC (Deleting game save-files I think).

1 Like

Thanks, I will take a look.

Found the info I needed and all working well. Thanks very much for the help.
Just for anyone else who is having the same issue I will post a screenshot of the solution that worked for me.

hi all, have you tried the ā€œnew defaultā€ ffb profile?
Imho the old one was much better, which is not a good thing since itā€™s gonna be replaced by the new one from the final release.

I think the FFB profile is under continued development so donā€™t expect this new default to be the final default. After tweaking my settings I actually find the new default very good. Havenā€™t gone back to the old one so canā€™t give an A/B comparison.

I found with the new default I had to change the in game values a fair bit:
Old values
G 25 \ LFB 16 \ FX 30
New values
G 35 \ LFB 8 \ FX 45

In TD I use 100% strength and use recon of 1 or off with slew rate limit ~0.2. More details in a post further up.

1 Like

I also thought the new default was not as good until I tweeked it.
I ended up with similar settings to you NuScorpii and think it feels great.

I think the New Default and LexxVR custom-ffb feel pretty close now but, LFB should be in the 0-10% range in either case (imo). I did compare Old / New / LexxVR results and the custom one has the primary benefit of being able to fine-tune bump details (FX) better than New Default. The FX setting is very sensitive and only needs 0-10% (LexxVR Custom-ffb).

The issue with Fast Dampers in some cars seems to have resurfaced in AMS2 (Most P-series cars). Those cars will often have very choppy FFB during hard cornering when combined with bumpy tracks. The F3 cars currently handle bumps much better. I imagine Reiza will sort that out once the FFB is dialed in.

Still, a custom FFB profile may be needed for DD-wheels (imo), as itā€™s clearly difficult to accommodate all wheel types.

2 Likes

I think i only feel the car in front. I canā€™t feel the rear wheels. I have also tried to throw a formula car with too much gas out of the curve. I did not succeed. Or to turn the car at full throttle from a standstill. What I also do not like is that the cars next to the track move like a boat in the water.

So my settings are: just the AMS Profile with Recon 3 and 25nm strength with SC2 pro and ingame:
30-35/15/30 new default. Really like it.
Best regards
Tobi

hello you can take a screenshot

Only the default AMS 1 Profil from the Truedrive Software and ingame 35/15/30 FFB Settings