Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

TrueDrive is at 90% strength.

In-game for testing I’ve been doing roughly 15 for Gain, 0 for everything else. For mid downforce cars it’s around 20-25 and for no downforce cars with power steering as much as 40.

Generally, I look to have good weight/feel but I’m not looking for arm strain or a sweaty workout.

Your wheel is very light, low mass and should require more damping / friction than most in order to avoid oscillations.

The game “default” ffb seems has quite a bit of damping built into it. I get almost no fine detail at all, even with FX at max. For that reason, I rely on a custom profile to produce the detail I like.

I think your situation is quite the opposite. Have you tried increasing Friction significantly? I use it to add some general steering resistance, and then add damping to control rotational speed related to self-aligning torque. I believe the best results may come with some combination of those two settings.

Something is definitely wrong if you don’t get any fine detail. I think id start over and delete you wheel profile.

Hey Ezen,

I’m really sorry I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my own setup.
Is there a chance you have not deleted the “Automobilista 2” folder under “Documents” for a while?
There was at least one guy who had his issues resolved by doing so, although Reiza had not recommended it for the last update or the one before that, as I remember.

I know it’s annoying to have to set up the assignments and wheel again, for possibly no improvement, but might be worth trying in your situation?

I get plenty of detail using a recent custom profile. If I reduce the Recon Filter enough, I might get more detail with the default-ffb but, then it’s too grainy for my liking.

Reiza recommends refreshing the documents folder any time we experience some irregularities but, recent results in ffb have been consistent with long-term testing. It seems the default profile works best with non-DD wheels, or for those that use little filtering and that’s totally fine, as we have other options that are extremely adaptable.

I really struggled to calibrate my SC2 and eusinkveld Sprint

SOLUTION:

• select custom wheel / separated pedals
  • go to edit assignment, and assign the pedals
  • go to control scheme to calibrate the pedals
  • close games, unplug pedals
  • go back to edit assignment for left and right steering, going from center pos to maximum then back center.
  • then go calibrate the wheel

so for me it only worked once all my other usb peripherals were UNPLUGEED

-> A PAIN !

1 Like

There are special settings for some wheels in the game.
But not simucube devices.
Why not contact Reiza Studios?

We have been in contact with them.

The main difficulty is the complicated customs process to get anything shipped to Brazil.

2 Likes

I understood.

So, how were the steering wheels sent for existing settings?

So now I can play the game with all my stuff: SC2, heusinkveld, ascher buttons…

BUT

I get NO FORCE FEEDBACK at all.

I can drive in the game, I can add force in the wheel via the simucube app, but nothing comes from the game!
I mean i can add 100% dampening in the simucube app and the wheel is super hard to turn and all, but I have the same force applied all the time, I can hit a wall and nothing different happen…

I love the simucube but there should be more investment into making profile for the main Sim games.

We are trying to get a Simucube 2 shipped to AMS2 developers for sure. The project hit the customs issue last time, and then there was the summer holidays.

We can’t create a profile that would solve the no FFB issue you have, only AMS2 developers can. It can be a game bug as well…

1 Like

do you select “custom” as wheel type in the first controls option menu? and actually set up ffb ingame, not in true drive? it all has nothing to do with Simucube profiles, it’s just how any sim works and needs to be set up into the game.

1 Like

deleted the folder in documents to start fresh after receiving my SC2 pro.

Running below settings on AMS2,ACC,AC & R3E profiles. So far so good

• reconstruction filter (3 AMS2, 5 ACC & 3 AC, 5 RF2)
  • torque bandwidth limited at unlimited
  • all the fine tuning stuff at zero.

Did the calibration in AMS2…etc
As for ffb in game, set

• gain at 12-16 (depending on car)
  • Don’t remember the rest but will update here once on the rig.
1 Like

Here is my setup, I tried all I could… still not FFB… the wheel , pedals, button, all works but no force feedback

I deleted the automobilista2 folder in /document
recalibrated my wheel and pedals (a pain)
and now it works …
pfuu… tough cookie that setup in AM2!

3 Likes

have you tried to lower gain around 50/55? to me it seems the problem is caused by massive clipping with gain and fx at 100.
also, to properly calibrate, you need to press the e-stop button and then map left/right and calibrate, if you tried to calibrate with menu spring at whatever value higher than zero and most of all gain at 100, that could be the cause of the problem.

Hello, just wanted t chip in here, I have the same issue as Ezen here, that there are insane vibrations when using my SC2 pro. It feels like I have a very low hz ffb signal, and not the 720hz announced it should have. It was fine during early beta days, but at some point during the beta it got changed. ACC I run fine with recon filter 0, but AMS 2 I need a freaking 7-8 not to loose my teeth.
I haven’t played around too much with settings, so I will try to delete folders and see how it goes.

It sounds like you should definitely delete your player folders and start fresh. The current default-ffb has less detail than earlier versions. I have to use a custom profile to get more detail and scrub effects in the current beta.

updated TD profile
AMS2_2020.09.09_22.49.ini.txt (872 Bytes)
I suggest to stay between 45/50 Gain, that’s what is most comfortable for me with those settings

4 Likes

Deleted my game folder and yes it became much better.