Auto racing history book.... AMAZING

If there are those of you into auto racing history of a narrow time period, I can highly recommend this book…

‘The Cobra-Ferrari Wars: 1963-1965’, 2nd edition, by Michael Shoen (hardcover) (ISBN 0962509302). I just received it yesterday, in a purchase directly from the author. This racing era is my favorite, as I was a high school and college student thru this period.

The book is considered THE best history on this topic. 367 pages of well-written history and amazing photographs, printed on 11"x8 1/2", 80-lb Gloss Book, grade-one, art-quality, gloss-coated sheets. You just don’t see this level of quality printing anymore, as it is very expensive.

If you like/love this era of auto-sport, then this is for you. Time to take all that change out of the huge jar on top of the refrigerator. (hope it is full)

1 Like

While I had pneumonia in January, I read the following books:

• Beast: The Top Secret Ilmor-Penske Race Car That Shocked the World at the 1994 Indy 500 (Jade Gurss)
  • Survive. Drive. Win. The Inside Story of Brawn GP and Jenson Button’s Incredible F1 Championship Win (Nick Fry)
  • What Doesn’t Kill You…: My Life in Motor Racing (Johnny Herbert)

Now I’m reading The Mechanic: The Secret World of the F1 Pitlane (Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestley)

1 Like

About technology in racing 3 books
Inside racing technology : Discussion of racing technical topics :Paul Haney -Jeff Braun
Bruce Mac Laren Racing car constructor By George Begg
Mes années Matra :Bruno Morin , if you read french

2 Likes

I will have to find the title.

The book that was made by the Skip barber racing school is an excellent tool for learning how to drive race cars faster

1 Like

It’s Going Faster, I presume
https://www.amazon.com/Carl-Lopez/dp/0837602262/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=barber+racing&qid=1590110961&sr=8-1

But Ultimate Speed Secrets is number one to read, Barber is close second
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Speed-Secrets-Ross-Bentley-ebook/dp/B005J0K7X6/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=racing+books&qid=1590110887&sr=8-8

Both about driving and racing craft, not automotive history though.

2 Likes

Well done Andrew!

Yep it is going faster. I think that is probably the best I have ever read.
I will buy Ultimate speed secrets tonight. :slight_smile:

Edit: found speed secrets on Amazon and ordered. It will be here tomorrow.

Is it really 336 pages?!