Assetto Corsa Competizione and slip angle

Hmm, with Dynamic Damper at 0 there is still no oscillation on straightaways as if gyro is still on.
Feels more dynamic and detailed though.

Thanks for the tip. :+1:

4 Likes

Im with Dynamic Damping at very low level and TD baseline profile, it feels good and Dynamic damping can make the diference

1 Like

I prefer Dynamic Damping at zero. There’s a very subtle difference for me, mostly in that I can feel rear grip loss just a little bit earlier.

3 Likes

Right, the optimal slip-zone is very narrow in ACC but, with Dynamic-Dampening at Zero (was it at 25), I can detect the under-steer fall-off effect slightly better, so thanks for the tip.

I love the way rF2/AMS use progressive resistance to communicate tire-scrub. The range is broader and more variable in nature and one can push harder or relax a little (all within that range) to increase pace or preserve tires. At the end of the day, I just find it more engaging and immersive.

ACC does have a lot of other things going for it though.

2 Likes

I agree id like to see more build up but maybe that’s the way those tires and cars are. Im sure most of us will never get a chance to drive one so all we can do is hope its correct. Its funny though my times in most sims are just about identical until ACC finally added the 360hz. Then the ffb became very good but most of it is subtle and you really need to think about what can actually feel. I don’t think theres a sim that does a better job of balancing the car with the throttle and brake. Its been along time since i could find time on a track like I can in ACC. Trust me im no fanboy either. I was very vocal about how bad it was even after the initial release.

late to the party

AMS. still no VR support i imagine? i haven’t touched it for years.

I believe it can be done using a programme called Vorpx. I’ve never tried it myself and the feedback on how well it works seems to be mixed.

There’s no mention of the subject in the official thread here Automobilista and Simucube 2 but there are quite a few guides and YouTube videos on the subject if you Google it.

AMS 2 coming next month with VR support. They will use Project Cars 2 graphics engine (great for VR) together with their own FFB / physics.

1 Like

I don’t recommend VorpX, the results are far from being worth while imo. It’s more like using BigScreen or playing in theatre mode, only much more awkward to setup and to use. Better to wait for AMS2 and see how that pans out. The VR support in PC2 is very good and should carry over to AMS2 as well. I’m pretty confident that Reiza can improve some aspects over what PC2 offers right out of the box.

1 Like

Something really wonderful has finally happened! I have tested ACC 1.7.2 with the latest tire modelings and guess what? It feels really good and wonderful steering feel FFB now. It is now IMHO much, much better than old Assetto Corsa. The difference is now really radical. Also, my so-called teammate and my driving coach who is a much better racing driver than I am have really felt the difference. Finally, I really feel with ACC that what is going on with front wheels. The feeling is not any more rubber-like or unclear but really good feedback for the driver. Many thanks to KUNOS for this radical change! I like it! Cool!!!

2 Likes

Actually, there is VR support for AMS1 now.

It’s a 3rd-party app that supports AMS and GTR2. The creator is associated with the Crew Chief app.

I agree. The slip feeling I think has improved over the last few updates. Especially if you ‘introduce’ then ‘load’ the tyre like irl.