Hello fellow sim racers.
I recently purchased a SC2 Sport from Simracingbay with an Ascher Racing F28 wheel. Coming from the G29, this is my first DD wheel which has been a joy to drive with so far. A few questions about the wheel base:
- Is there a “correct” power on sequence for the wheel base and TD? Usually, I would start TD first and then turn on the wheel base.
- Is it necessary to turn off the wheel base when it’s not in use? I always left my G29 on, not sure if I should do the same to the SC2. I’m worried it might drain battery from the wireless wheel if it’s not powered off.
- If the wheel base should be turned off, what’s the correct process? Do I close TD first and then turn off the wheel base? Do I have to disconnect the power cable?
- I’ve paired my Ascher Racing wheel to the wheel base. However, the wheel does not connect automatically to the base on startup. I have to hold the paddles for about 1 second, only then it would connect. Is this normal?
- How do I upgrade TD and the firmware? I’m on the latest version currently, just asking in advance so I’m prepared when a new version comes out.
Sorry if the questions seem silly. I’m very new to DD and want to make sure I’m doing things right. Thanks and cheers.