SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Working on it :wink: # soon

Hi,

it might be a good idea to put your wheel graphics to separate thread :wink:

1 Like

Please vote for maximum of three your most used Reconstruction filter settings.

• I don’t use it

0 voters

1 Like

Hello Mika,

Do you have the png you use originally in SimuCube, I would just repaint the blue ring in red :rofl:

We will see whether we will make that available or not. Lets wait for @SKeijmel to set up the new thread :wink:

You can go get it in the wheel graphics topic :wink:

I must be stupid, I do not find how we find this wheel, sorry.

Firmware version 0.9.4 has been released.

6 Likes

Awesome news Mika!

Is this a stable release?
I’m still on 0.84 as I wanted to wait for the kinks to be ironed out.

Thanks for all the hard work

Mika - does the FW automatically update to the new IONI, or is that something we need to do separately?

It will automatically update IONI.

These are beta releases, but it is more stable than previous 0.9.x releases.

It would appear that first-time setup to empty SimuCUBE is broken again in 0.9.4.

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

One friend is going to install simucube firmware tonight, so, what should he use?

0.9.3??

Hi guys!

A report came to me telling that the fresh install is again broken in 0.9.4. You can wait for tomorrow morning for the fix, or put SimuCUBE to Firmware update mode via the firmware update wizard, cancel when it says that simucube found in firmware update mode, and then use the 0.9.3 zip to downgrade to that. Then run the wizard using that version, verify correct operation, and then update to 0.9.4.

My sincere apologies for the inconcenience!

@Mika Just updated to .94 from .93 via the wizard and no issues at all.

If someone is willing to try running the Motor Configuration wizard again with 0.9.4 when upgrading from MMOS or to an empty SimuCUBE, please send me the debug log text via PM.

my friend did use 9.3 to install firmware in a rev5 simucube, all was fine , but had a ioni firmware error, went to granity and install 1.7 , then the motor config wizard was fine and final step was to update to 9.4.

all was ok!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find out whats going wrong - all of the code seems to work allright, and I’ve now tested this around 10-15 times to a totally empty SimuCUBE board.

It is getting late… I think I will have to look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow.

You can downgrade to 0.9.3, it does work, nobody reported any issue with that & first-time setup.

1 Like

More stable than 0.84 ? :slight_smile:

0.8.4 is really old by this time.