Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

I’m using the AC-Standard of 1180 degrees and have no issues with the soft-lock functions of AC / automatic rotation per car. To my knowledge, it only works with that hardware-driver rotation setting.

@LAR555

I tried your latest settings and they work very nicely by making the overall FFB in AC feel more realistic, consistent and controllable than my previous settings. Nicely done and thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

How to you avoid the extremely violent ‘bouncing’ that you will have when you hit into the bump stops using soft lock with an OSW?
Even on my small MiGe with Skeijmel’s numpstop damping settings in the Simucueb app, it’s very violent as soon as you reach the bumpstops, which will happen easily with cars like the Huracan GT3/Ferrari’s that have 360 degrees of rotation that can be ‘hit’ when trying to catch and correct an oversteer situation.

Do you run much lower Amperage on your Simucube and/or lower in game FFB settings to avoid this?

If you use the very amazing AC Content Manager app, could you share images of your settings, Simucube settings and ini files (if you are using anything different from what LAR555 just recently posted).
Cheers!

Thanks Loukas!
So you have individual Simucube profiles for most cars? That’s a lot of profiles!

I haven’t noticed violent bump-stops but, I can’t say that I reach max steering-lock very often either and maybe I just haven’t noticed it. I’m not running any different settings than LAR555 but, do run FFB at about 35% in AC and IIRC, SimuCube at 12amps. Most per-car FFB is near 100%, some maybe a bit more or less by 5-10%.

LAR555 . . . your settings are great. Seems counter-intuitive to turn off all DirectInput damper and software damper gain off, and still have a minimum damper—but somehow—the settings make for a great feeling ffb in AC.

Dean—very much interested in your method to get the soft lock to work. In my Content Manager, the hardware lock function is greyed out–with a notation of the wheels it is designed for. It would be nice to have one setting in Simucube for all cars in AC.

Thanks.

I have soft lock off btw because of the problem that you point out.

I don’t have that much profiles. I choose the car i want and nowadays i remember it’s degrees of rotation (even if i don’t , i have the list bookmarked and check it) and i quickly set the rotation in game settings. You have to be quick if you don’t want to loose the car hahaha. I enter the race and then i just alt+tab (i think 2 times) , i press left click in the down right corner (windows 10) and just set the same rotation on simucube.

I have some cars here Large Mige Sound and feel but you can find an updated list i think on the ac forum

Thanks Loukas! Will try these out - great reference!

Dean—very much interested in your method to get the soft lock to work. In my Content Manager, the hardware lock function is greyed out–with a notation of the wheels it is designed for. It would be nice to have one setting in Simucube for all cars in AC.

@manashttu, I’m not using Content Manager so I can’t be of help with that - sorry. I set the SimuCube rotation to 1180 and also in AC. I’m not sure how precise it has to be but, maybe it can be forced in the ini (?) I’ve never had to use any other rotation values in AC, nor change any steering-lock values.

A friend of mine , Alex , told me that it is faster to set 1180 both in Ac and simucube but you will still need the list with the degrees of rotation in order to set the bumbstops in simucube .

I think I understand what is happening.
By setting 1180 in both Simucube and AC, you will likely see the virtual wheel in the cars stop (say the ferrari FXX-K or Huracan GT3) at their software coded 360 degrees of rotation but your physical wheel will continue to turn beyond that point.
If you have the soft lock option enabled in AC then you would have the very violent FFB
‘bouncing’ off the AC software introduced bump stops when you reached the maximum turning degrees of the particular car you were driving.

As many have pointed out, you can’t NOT notice what happens when you have the AC soft lock feature enabled - it’s literally undriveable unless you are using your Simucube at FFB levels of a low end consumer level wheel that won’t really notice the soft lock like a DD wheel will.

If you are sure that you indeed have the AC soft lock feature enabled (it’s in the assetto_corsa.ini file located in your main steam install directory SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg) it would look like this:
[TIMER]
FORCE_TGT=0

[SOFT_LOCK]
ENABLED=0 - THIS WOULD BE SET TO A VALUE OF ‘1’

[GAMEPAD]
USE_LEGACY_CODE=0

If you have this set to ‘1’ and you are running your Simucube at normal strength, I’d love to know what else you have done to achieve what no-one else has been able to. :slight_smile:

Ah, you are correct, soft lock is not enabled in the ini. I’m sorry, I thought it was but, I believe you regarding the violent stops. None the less, the auto-steer lock per car seems to work fine with everything at 1180. I’ve driven road cars, GT3, Vintage to F1 over the last few days with the same settings. I wouldn’t make it out of the garage using 1180 in rF2. :grin:

As i said one post before you can go 1180 both ac and simucube but be sure to set softlock 0 and then using the dor list set the bumpstop range accordingly . in this way the only thing you need to set is that range

Hi Loukas,
Does this mean that either you setup a bunch of Simucube profiles for varying degrees of steering rotation among the many cars, or just have a generic AC profile that you change the degrees of rotation on the fly?
I’m trying to avoid hundreds of saves to the Simucube - yes it has a lot, but it is finite.

I wonder if you just exit the Simucube/power it off after you change the degrees and ignore the “save changes” button, if it will simply go back to the default value on powering back up?
That way one could avoid the many saves?

If it will prompt to save after a power cycle then that’s not a good idea.
In that case, it might be easier to just create the 15-20 separate Profiles that cover every potential vehicle degrees of rotation in AC and just switch between them?
Then you only have 15-20 saves on file vs potentially a lot more over the months.

Tbh you don’t need that many. The most common are 360 , 480 ,540 , 640 , 720 and 900. There are ofc some others but i doubt you will use them everyday.

Actually, Dean’s experience got me to thinking about the practical reality that, except when using 360 or 420 on an open-wheel car, I never reach lock except maybe in the garage. One might easily get by with just profiles for 360 and 1180 and let AC use the per-car lock. On 480, for example, the real wheel would keep turning when the virtual wheel stops at 480 (which the game already sets per car, I think), but unless wildly drifting (which doesn’t interest me at all)–I never really get past about 450 in a hairpin or chicane.

Hi LAR555,
I think you mixed DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL and DAMPER_GAIN.
Instead of
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=1
DAMPER_GAIN=0.0

It should be
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
DAMPER_GAIN=1

If you want stationary damper at the expense of extra signal noise while driving.

Damper Min Level is percentage of Damper Gain
In your case 1 x 0 = 0.

1 Like

He is not using directinput damping anyway.

by direct input damping you mean the Simucube app settings?
I didn’t they had anything to do with the in game settings?

Looks like LAR555 is using Damper_Gain=1 so isn’t that damping?

Those values on the .ini file works as an on/off and percentages of the main value that should be set on the simucube config tool.

If you do not add any DI damping , It does not matter whatever you put in those lines on .ini file.

Those values of damping are only used when the car is stopped and on very low speed to add resistance on the steering wheel when parked.

In my opinion those values do not add any signal noise, and are probably used on gyro effect too.

Still not sure what you are saying.
is Direct Input something in the Simucube app?
I would like a little steering resistance when the car is parked - what should I do?!

PS - I use Ac Content Manager - are these setting ok? I set the gain to 38% as per LAR555, but I can hardly turn the wheel without reducing the FFB in each car to about 36-38% and I read most have it set to 100% for each car, with 38 overall?
Maybe I am missing something?

Here’s my ini info:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut

And my assetto_corsa.ini settings

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]