Will there be clutch paddles support in the near future?

One way or another, you have to have a connection. I don’t know if wireless is fast and stable enough to run a wheel with Nextion Fe without delay (or too much delay). The batteries in the wheel… but of course it’s cool without cables

Reading through the wiki @Mika, there is an intriguing reference to the Simucube button function…

…will TD be updated to allow the mapping of a button for wheels (e.g. USB) not using the new module for this function?

It will be a new UI feature for wireless wheels, pre-configured at the factory.

We are thinking on how to implement user-mappable setting that would work for existing wheels.

Hello,

If someone are interested in ( i think that everyone are interested )…
i made some “Wireless Quick Release” accessory, for all SC2.

i have a working prototype based on Formula v2 2018 with Cluth paddles and everything works as expected, from rev leds to display “yes, even usb data” and obviously via “PC Bluetooth” not SC2 internal wireless module… but , is possible. NO battery needed.

The only difficult is to “have a clear cable management” but i thing to resolve this aesthetic issue very soon.

“note: i’m NOT a reseller” this things is only for my personal use."

Weeks ago i suggested some “new features” in new SC2 firmware. one of the GD Team member tell me that he likes all my suggestions. Hope you guys that my suggestions is implemented in new firmware.
on top of all " Granite Devices Aggregated Wheel device".

2 Likes

Very intrested. Do you have any photos?

I’m looking to invest in my first Simucube base (likely the pro model) in the coming weeks, but I use the wheel clutch paddle on my current Fanatec gear frequently. I see from the above comments that an update to the Simucube wireless wheelside module was in the works 12 months ago, and that “Most SC2 Simucube wireless wheel manufacturers are likely already making prototypes”.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, but is there any further update on this? Is my understanding correct that any updates will only be wheel side, and that I won’t be in the position where I’ll need to buy any hardware updates for the wheelbase any time soon?

Many thanks

All updates on the wheel base side software regarding support for the new wheel-side module.

Global component shortage and unexpected manufacturing delays caused delays to get production units out. The factories that make circuit boards are very busy and we faced some difficulties in that area.

Thanks very much for the swift response Mika. Since my original post after some further googling I came across this product from simline: https://simline.eu/en_US/p/BPv3-Ultimate-Dual-Clutch-SC2-Wireless-/95

So is my understanding correct that the clutch paddles for this product would work wirelessly if I bought a new SC2 Pro?

Yes. I think that the Sim-line wheel is the first product out :slight_smile:

Awesome! Looking forward to joining the Simucube community :love_you_gesture: