What to do when the QR is stuck?

I was able to seat and remove my wheel a number of times but this last time I couldn’t take it off. It’s stuck so fast that it’s putting a lot of force against the shaft. I’m worried I might damage it.

What can I do to ease it off?

1 Like

Hey mate, it happens to me too. I suggest you to give it some small strokes, it should come out without problems :wink:

3 Likes

Great question, this happened to me and when I managed to remove the steering wheel he came right up to meet my mouth, making a deep cut on my lip.

1 Like

yep, that’s the main reason why i went for another type of qr, after so many times fighting with the wheel to come off.

1 Like

turn the wheel 180 degrees and slide it down

2 Likes

This, reverse the wheel/wedge and slap the other side

1 Like

A slight upwards tap at the bottom of the wheel is all that’s needed to release the QR

1 Like

My QR begs to differ :slight_smile: I’m “tapping” pretty hard and it’s not budging.

I think need to get something like a rubber mallet and a block to set on it of something and tap it off like that.

1 Like

Okay, I got it off by turning it upside down (thanks for advice above) and banging with my fist pretty hard on the QR from the top. I don’t think hard enough to damage anything though.

3 Likes

I use very small amount of WD40 Teflon spray lubricant - Dry type used for sliding doors & windows.

4 Likes

Just returning to say I finally picked up a can of this for $10 on Amazon and it’s clean, almost can’t tell it’s on there, but taking off the wheel is so much easier. I can pull it off now just holding the rim instead of having to pound it off with my fist from the back.

Thank you!

1 Like