Simucube Service Units in STM DFU Mode

@Mika

The Unit with the same fault is the same IONI Board from the Simucube Board, When I swap the complete Simucube board with a known working one, Sim is working fine,

I have known working Motors and Sims ready I can swap and replace parts with the help cause of the problem,

The motors is fine as it was working with another Simucube Board I swapped with.

I assumed it would be IONI Board but when I swapped a working Board onto the New Simucube Board, similar issue.

Please suggest other items to try to get Simucube working on this PC

Thank you for all your help

Is it possible that this motor has a different encoder than the other units? The feedback fault can be caused by IONI trying to use the motor with BiSS encoder settings while the motor has actually SinCos or incremental encoder.

@Mika

I am not sure how to check the encoder of the motor but you might be right, please let me know how I can check the type of motor / encoder

I know one of them the IONIA board was used with a different style motor as I remember the wiring harness having less pins on the connector then the others as shown in the images.

Taking you comment on Board I connected the new Simucube board with the old IONI Chip to the older pod with the simpler connection.

And we have now green light showing instead of the flashing red,

I do think this is due to the IONI Board originally being Mated to that style encoder,

But still shows error codes

I have connected to Granite device app and taking images of Faults page,

I even tried to clear the faults with no luck

But we do have constant green now that’s it connected to different style motor connector

From your pictures one motor has BISS C and the other has an incremental encoder.
You can tell by the number of pins on the connector.

If you want to know exactly what the encoder is on the motor that has many more pins take the 4 Phillips head screws out of the encoder cover and carefully remove the encoder cover.
You may have to tap the cover with a mallet to break the seal.

DO NOT let the cover hang by the wires!!
Have some one hold the cover or hang it by a piece of string etc.

Take a picture of the label on the encoder and we can tell you which encoder you have.

Another thing I observed from your pictures.

It is a very bad idea to let the Simucube board sit on carpet. If there is any static electricity it could easily kill one of the chips on the Simucube board.

Better to put it on some type of antistatic material