SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware release thread

Yep Beans, I need a christmas present

@Raptoid: I know things - secret things - or, not :lol:

Can we start a wild speculation thread?

I’m speculating they’re putting together full systems …!!!

Now im wondering What you might or might not know. All i Know is ive seen things that cant be unseen lol.

1 Like

Lols Troy. The same here :joy:

Would be great in making Simucube even more accessible, would benefit the whole Simucube ecosystem by growing user base and an alternative turnkey solution to others coming to market #soon

Please feel free to set up a speculation thread if you want, and lets keep this thread only for announcing new releases.

Im really interested in cutting the cord and wondering if this is something that’s coming soon. Its my only real complaint. The cord constantly gets caught in the paddles if the wheel spins fast.

When are you releasing the new version we are 6 day further?
I have a new windows installation and want to start with a fresh install of software.
So I don’t want to install the oldone :slight_smile:

Unfortunately no timetable at this point. Release will be when it is ready.

It took a while, but a release 0.50.3 is out now.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

This release is only recommended if user wants to use Simucube Wireless Wheels.

For others users, we recommend waiting a bit until we have more extensively tested this version.

Improvements

• Wheel animation in the UI is smoother due to internal restructuring of the configuration tool
  • More internal restructuring to enable more efficient development
  • Much more stable torque update rate to the servo drive, results in smoother force effects
  • Rewritten and restructured Connection Manager code in the Configuration Tool, resulting in more stable communications with less traffic required on the USB bus.

Other changes

• Official support for Simucube Wireless Wheel system
  • Various stability improvements in firmware and in Configuration Tool
  • From this release onwards, old Simucube 0.10 and earlier profiles are not converted to new settings data format anymore. If upgrading from <0.11.0, please backup your profiles and other settings.
  • Built with later Qt version, the app should scale better with high DPI displays.
  • Fresly built and tested bootloader file. Remains 100% compatible with originally released Simucube bootloader.
  • Desktop centering spring is simplified with only one slider to control its strength and on/off instead of 3 different controls.
  • Damping, Friction and Inertia filters running on IONI drive have been changed to only make it possible to set 0-10.0% range. This matches the scale to the one that can be set via Simucube 2 True Drive software.

Bug fixes

• New 0.11.x firmware set up the endstop ramp angle to be 0, which resulted in erroneus torque calculation (always 0 at any angle). This value was also showed in the user interface as 1 degree, until user changed it at least once.
  • 0.11.x Configuration Tool set all unused effect parameters (for futureproofing) to uninitialized values, so if a new effect is developed, they have random settings. This firmware will automatically reset them to 0.
  • Directinput Effects: Sine effect gain slider used affected both Sine and Spring effects.
  • Directinput Effects: Smoother Friction and Damping effects
  • Smoother endstop effect damping
  • When approaching bumbstop, the highest of (bumbstop, torque command) to the direction of wheel center will be selected as the torque command, instead of bumbstop force and its value always being the dominating one of these. This makes it easier to set up without an extra notch feel at bumbstop.

IONI firmware

• Compatibility update in SimplemotionV2 API to make IONI compatible with some Simucube 2 developments.
5 Likes

68 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube firmware 0.50.x feedback thread

Simucube Firmware 0.50.4 is released

Improvements

• Some games (RaceRoom, but maybe others as well) support only 32 buttons. We have added a selector on whether to use the X12 hardware buttons or the Wireless Wheel buttons as buttons 1-32.

Bug fixes

• Firmware does not crash anymore when detecting 0.10.x version flash data
  • Firmware upgrade is not possible if a 0.10.x or earlier version is running. Instead, suggestion to update to 0.11.2 is shown.
  • Firmware does not crash/hang if IONI servo drive initialization fails.

2 Likes

Note: I had to replace the Configuration Tool.exe as there was one line of code missing from the original .4 release. I’ve just updated the release file and named it 0.50.4b.zip.

1 Like

Note: Configuration Tool exe has a small bug affecting only new installs or when Simucube is already in bootloader mode. I’ve released 0.50.4c that fixes this.

2 Likes

1.0.22 is out.

11 Likes

1.0.23 is out. It is mainly a hotfix release for exporting/importing old profile ini files, and for a bug related to corrupt setting that could cause device hangup after updating to 1.0.22.

6 Likes

1.0.24 is out, with some wheel centering fixes.

6 Likes

1.0.25 is out with a fix for some wireless wheels.

4 Likes