SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I’m finding an obvious thing that SimuCUBE doesn’t seem to do correctly always. Thanks for the testers that sent logs from working and crashing Assetto Corsa starts.

Now, let me see what the problem actually is and how to fix this…

As I cannot make iRacing to crash right now, and Assetto Corsa is still downloading, I’ve made a debug build which can help me. It has no functional differences to the released version, but a usb error counter is being updated in the background and shown in the configuration tool. This version is available on request.

And, thanks to @Ippai and @Berniyh, I’ve been able to find the cause of the crash.
SimuCUBE is sending a report at the same time as it receives a control signal from PC which requires an immediate answer, and sending that answer fails silently because the report sending is still in progress.

I have an idea how to solve this, another debug-build coming perhaps tomorrow.

7 Likes

Thank you a lot for this, I was wondering why AC crashes sometimes and sometimes not. Just happy you were able to localize the issue.

thats interesting maybe the ac fix will help for iracing too(once its done)?
AC has never crashed here only iracing.

hi guys!
well,i have a big mige,ioni pro hc,SDR 480-720,I have updated to the new beta version 0.8, and everything feels good,but it does not allow me to regulate the force of the steering wheel inside the game, only in simucube,no matter how much the ffb value changes in the game, it is always the same.

my setup is correct?
put max11.999A !! is it right? should not you put 25A?

motor maximum current should be 24A, anyway no issues here

In Assetto Corsa works ok, but in Automobilista doesnt work ingame slider. Always give a full strength.

1 Like

Maximum Motor current is what your MMC is set to within Granity… The Maximum MMC should be set according to your servo and it’s capabilities.

Which Game are you using that is not allowing you to alter strength within the game? The Max MMC depends on your

That is weird as far as the strength unless Automobilista is using a direct input control over the strength as opposed to actually having a strength system in place within the game…

Good Morning!
exactly, what says Bart is what happens to me, the game is motorist, I have not tried it yet in iracing, assetto, raceroom, rfactor2, gsce, But the problem is that, strength is invariable inside the game. Thanks for answer

There is a Directinput command to set device gain, but it is not implemented in the SimuCUBE firmware yet. I will do it at some point, most likely when I find a game that uses it. I think Automobilista could be a good candidate.

1 Like

The beta 0.8, feels much better!
I only have that problem with Automobilista.Thank you very much MIKA for your work !!

I noticed that same thing in AMS (Beta Version).

I have implemented the first fix for the usb issues, and at least iracing didn’t crash while driving. Compiling a version to test.

Testing at the office revealed some type of error in force level, though. The wheel kind of went numb at high forces. I haven’t seen this effect before.

is it a public release? I will be driving the whole afternoon in case you want to send me a built of it.

not public, I’ll PM you.

Converted last night, on PCars 2 the strength of the wheel was MUCH stronger especially at the high peaks, had to utilize the programs “volume” control at 15% lower to achieve the same strength. Did seem to have a higher fidelity though, it felt as though I was feeling more of the road, at least on the laser scanned tracks, on the others fidelity dropped considerably and required some low end increase from the program to feel like i wasnt driving on polished marble.
Big Midge…

Pending a few more reports from testers, I think the USB stability is now much better than before, and could be released later today.

Got Assetto Corsa running here at the office. No software crashes yet, although the car is pretty beat up already.

First I have to tell you I was on 0.8.1 before I just realized.

Now after an hour with the Debug 0.8.2 I can say it worked flawlessly. I cycled through AC, pCars2 and iRacing, tried different tracks and cars, did reconfigure steering inputs and started the simulations over and over.

No crash (debug value stayed at 0 all the time) and all filters were behaving as expected!

The only thing that I have to mention was iRacing. Laguna Seca Turn 5 were you normally can feel the forces building up in the middle of the corner - it was totally numb, no force. That was corrected by lowering recon filter to 3 from 5, even 2 is working now with iRacing where before there was heavy cogging noticable with value 2.

Overall feeling was direct and really analog, rubbery, exactly as I love it. For me this is the most stable build yet.