SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 3

RF2 tested;
Placebo effect ??
I feel everything much better

Thank you !!

I feel everything better too (Richard Burns Rally). I don’t know how is it possible. I’m driving every day RBR and I’m sure 100%. This is not placebo… Thank you Mika, you are good man! You make us happy… I wish to help somehow but I’m only virtual rally driver :neutral_face:

1 Like

Just tried new firmware and everything works great for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Mika, Thanks for your work.
I tried also the new firmware and the centering issue seems to be solved.

2 Likes

I am onboard, too. It will be a pleasure to help to improve SC1.

Works perfect en feels great!

Love it was not sure on settings so I used Simucube 2 ones posted on here as a base but I only use 50-60% max on the servo. Lowered most of the settings a bit feels great certainly better in all games I tried. D Rally 2, RF2, ACC, P Cars 2 Works perfect thanks :slight_smile:

We have found a bug that affects battery consumption for a limited number of wireless wheels. Fix will be out today…

Also, the same bug was in Simucube 2 2020.4 so will need to get the firmware out for that as well.

Holiday looms tomorrow! :palm_tree:

5 Likes

Hey guys was wondering if anyone ran into this issue before. I kinda just started noticing it but am having issues with my estop. When I press the estop in it doesn’t cut the motor instantly like it used to. It takes 3-4 seconds and I have to move the wheel left to right before it finally kicks in. It’s as if it’s stuck or non responsive for those few seconds.

Is there anything I can check on the estop or anywhere else? I plan to go over everything today maybe there’s a loose cable or something.

No other such reports. The e-stop signal is electrically connected to the power stage on the servo drive, to prevent current being driven, its not just software thing. My suspicion is some wiring issue or faulty button.

I still have the centering problem (5-10 degrees diff at each startup)
I noticed that the ‘‘set permanent wheel center’’ doesn’t reset to 0 the value (after reset, value is equal to 0.58°)
‘‘just set wheel center here for now’’ reset to 0°
I tried to startup the simucube with wheel almost centered, same problem 5-10° degrees of diff.
does anyone else with a sincos encoder have the same problem with firmware 1.0.24 ?

Strange.

Can you run the motor configuration wizard to see if helps?

I looked things over and there didn’t seem to be anything wrong with it. Both wires were screwed in tight and were not loose. Same thing on the connector side to the box. Anything else I can check on the switch itself aside from just ordering another one?

you could always use a multimeter. I’m not sure if resistance check (when not connected to Simucube) would be the best way to try.

Did a resistance checked and it all looked ok. I ordered another estop switch seems like while mine maybe within the acceptable limits its not working correctly.

Hey Mika I noticed the simucube window is not remembering the window “size” setting. If I make it smaller it won’t stick so every time I open the the tool configuration its huge.

I will check that the size is not huge by default for next release.

I had the same problem in the latest version. Solved it 10 minutes ago by running motor configuration wizard, then put the desktop centering spring to “off”, then save settings, restart Simucube and put desktop centering spring to 100% again and save.

The notes say : If there were troubles with center point, please save settings to flash at least once in this firmware version, and then it should work correctly after a power cycle.

So it works as intended i guess.

I didn’t read the notes but it is possible. I thought that motor configuration wizard would save settings automatically to flash.