SimuCUBE firmware 0.10 series bug reports

At least peak current limit should be higher than the constant current limit, and over current tolerance should be set at Maximum.

Yep - upon resetting Peak current limit to what i was (25A), I got the drive to init, thank goodness. I did not change that param though, I literally just did an irace an hour or so ago on this.

It could be that the wizard somehow set that value, and when/if you canceled some part of the wizard, the wrong value was saved to drive.

I will have a look if this hypothesis is correct, and try to make it more bulletproof.

Phew, alright, I re-set the peak current AND the commutation sensor in Granity, re-ran the simucibe configuration tool, and all is well now, including getting the correct center point without phasing.

1 Like

Additional information about what the USB checkboxes do here:

once your motor is unusable and you get overcurrent errors etc… you have to go into granite software, reload the DRC file for your motor/sensor, (i got the system from SRB, and the DRC file is uploaded into their website) then go to simucube software rerun the wizard and when you get to the step that asks you about auto commutation, DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING, just click next. and finish the wizard. That should work for now.

1 Like

Yeah, it works, Biss-C here, before I had -360 now is 0. No phasing, the wheel is always perfect center. Nice.

1 Like

OK, so maybe the drive requires an additional restart somewhere in between doing the commutation sensor setup and centering steering. I will debug this soon.

So first wizard run with auto commutation then hardware restart, then second wizard run without auto commutation. There must be 2 wizard runs anyway (with Biss-C… etc)

good data, and is in line with what I am thinking. I will get to bug fixing mode tomorrow.

found a bug already. It turns out that writing resetMaxMMC; isn’t the same as resetMaxMMC();

:slight_smile:

That would be the cause for MMC changing to low value when user clicks “clear autosetup commutation settings”.

Also, a fix is already designed for the other bug.

Edit: and fix is now completed. Needs testing tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done! :sunglasses:

Testing.

can someone come up with other possible state transitions? :slight_smile:

Bug report (and fix is already in the next version).

SimuCUBE firmware will hang up, if 0.10.0 is installed to a SimuCUBE with IONI firmware older than version code 10704 (1.7.4).

1 Like

The above bug also caused the SimuCUBE firmware to go into recursive eternal loop and not respond to Configuration Tool at all, if IONI was in Firmware Update mode for some reason. Same fix fixes the issue.

Also, there was a bug that resulted in the Firmware Update prompt to be shown without need to do so in some situations.

1 Like

0.10.1 config tool hung coming from 0.9.10. I had to go to 0.10.0 first before jumping to 0.10.1

1 Like

At which point did it hang up?

As soon as I clicked on the 0.10.1 config tool. Nothing…nothing…application is not responding.

1 Like

that is very strange. If you updated firmware, can you try if 0.10.0 config tool works?

0.10.0 tool works without problems (both when I came from from 0.9.10, and now on 0.10.1 fw).

My current IONI firmware reads 10707. What is was when I was on 0.9.10 I can’t recall off-hand.

1 Like