Simucube 2 vibrate when turned on

Could you share you settings with us to try please? Also does your vibrate at full lock? Is this just a setting change or normal for it to vibrate this way?

I would agree it does seem to go once driving and in high torque mode but does return if you crash hard.

Thanks

Beano,

Have you tested the pro at home yet, or just the Ultimate?

Talk soon,
Joe

3 rubber washes seems to have solved it!! If I have all 6 it still comes back which is weird. 20190610_161815|375x500

Iv also got a reply from Augury. They are not awear of any issues an didnt have any problems when testing. Theh are going to take a look anyway as it seems strange to them. Would you guys be able to message them as well

damn i have the same issue with F1S , but even with no wheel on if *i put my hand on the motor i feel little vibrations when turning it slowly.
When i put the F1S , it’s simply unplayable really big noise, tuning high torque on reduce the noise , but in game i still feel vibrations and it’s annoying.

Is this still happening with the latest firmware version?

Just installed it it’s even worse, now same thing with no wheel on …:frowning:
I recorded it, but I can’t send the file as the format is not supported : MP4

Torque bandwidth and slew rate limit seems to have absolutely no effet.
On standard mode even with 0 % friction 0 % inertia the sound is crazy. That was not the case with my previous firmware. 1.08 …
Playing with truedrive , i’ve found fixes , but i don’t know what that really do …
Center frequency any value greater than 48hz
+Attenuation DB -24,5 ( anything more and it’s the sound again…)
+Q factor 1.1 or 2.1 ( any other value doesn’t work)
These 3 seems to work together …but I have no clue of what it really means ( settings these i can go up to 50 % inertia no problem , but no more)

It is then most likely a resonance issue with that wheel,and you are not the first one to report it.

Inertia over 30% sounds like a lot, and might be just outside of stable operation.

What happens if you reduce torque bandwidth or decrease the slew rate?

Victor_Guguianu

21m

Torque bandwidth and slew rate limit seems to have absolutely no effet.
On standard mode even with 0 % friction 0 % inertia the sound is crazy. That was not the case with my previous firmware. 1.08 …
Playing with truedrive , i’ve found fixes , but i don’t know what that really do …
Center frequency any value greater than 48hz
+Attenuation DB -24,5 ( anything more and it’s the sound again…)
+Q factor 1.1 or 2.1 ( any other value doesn’t work)
These 3 seems to work together …but I have no clue of what it really means ( settings these i can go up to 50 % inertia no problem , but no more)

Without those value even with no wheel on in standard mode the motor vibrates a lot and make a very loud sound.

With those settings , the ffb doesn’t feel right though :frowning:

What happens if you disable the torque notch filter? It is difficult to use and tune correctly.

When I disable it , the sound is back :frowning:

The more I play with it the narrower I get in settings :slight_smile:
currently no vibration with 228hz + -10,5 DB 0,5 QFactor , Even if I don’t have a clue on what it does…it’s basically tuning down an effect of the FFB ?

That is just the resonant frequency of that wheel that you have found.

also, it would be important to know which Simucube 2 model you have.

Thank you,
It’s the PRO version .

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? if simucube 2 is started before the true drive software, i still get insane vibration along a very loud noise that even my neighbor can hear.
I m with 1.08 true drive at the moment this didn’t happen with 1.03 .
The vibration and sound is way lower without a wheel on, but still can hear it and feel it.

I m switching for a better QR today (current one is an home made ) may be it will help.

Ok it seems that my home made QR was the problem…:stuck_out_tongue:
I just mounted the one I bought recently no more vibrations…wheel or not , filter or not :slight_smile:
SOLVED !

2 Likes

Same problem for a guy in Racingfr @Mika

That wheel seems to have interesting resonant frequency. We are investigating this, however difficult to investigate that as we do not have that particular wheel.

Same Problem here … i´m frustrated!

I just want to drive…