rFactor 2 and Simucube 2

Okay, I tried the JSON file and settings combo from the vid. And wow! It is really good! Am so happy with the settings now. Before wheel felt so limp at low speeds. It’s more springy and you can feel the tire-angle way better IMO.

Happyness ffb check list

Iracing :check
Ac : check
Acc : check
RF2 :check
Raceroom :meh

3 Likes

@SuperMonaco_GP - regarding the DOR…

I had my first real shot at racing with my Pro and rf2 yesterday with some friends. We ended up with a track/car combo that I’d had no chance to practice with (with this wheel - races them months ago on the T500RS though without problems)…

The ‘vehicle set’ DOR is 576 degrees (Porsche 917K mod) and I found myself needing excessive wheel rotation - particularly in the tight hairpin at Rouen-les-Essarts with the TD (and JSON) set to 1440.

Second race, I tried setting TD to 576 - which was better, but very twitchy - presumably as I’d not remembered to change the JSON to match…

So, should I (generally) be matching DOR in TD/JSON to whatever the ‘vehicle set’ value is? I never had to worry with the T500RS and could drive slidey historics and grippy moderns equally well without crazy steering inputs…

Thanks!

you could either make multiple json profiles with different wheel rotation and just load them ingame (works even when loading inside the track) or fix your json settings to do that for you. read “Software Wheel Rotation Explained” here: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

just remember in order for changes in the controller.json to save permanently , when you edit the file you have to keep the game and it’s launcher closed.

1 Like

you need to also set steering range into json to 1440, otherwise you won’t have auto lock.

@Loukas_Bourdas - thanks for that, I’ll check my settings. I would probably have skipped over that announcement back in the day.

Right, on to the next noob question…

I’m running @SuperMonaco_GP’s profile just now in TD. As I’ve said (I think) before, I most drive historics such as the Howstons, 917k etc. and these don’t tend to generate huge FFB loads in cornering.

Consequently, I have been running the max torque and in-game FFB quite high to maximise general feel - but a consequence of this is that ‘spiky’ forces (e.g. certain kerbs, the cobbled section at Rouen-les-Essarts etc.) can be overwhelming and feel disproportionately strong.

I know there are JSON entries for kerb effects, running off track etc. - (seems like a daft question when I spell it out, but…) should I be looking there first rather than touching TD, knocking them down a bit?

…it’s just that I know you can set the shape (sine, sawtooth etc.) of the effects in the JSON and also noticed specific filters for sine etc. in TD advanced settings…

Thanks once again.

I never use more than 0.45x on the ffb multiplier, with some cars even lower. whenever I start a new car, I always set the multiplier to 0.50 as starting point before the 1st drive.
if set near to 1.00, spykes and overall ffb forces would be way too hard.
so my advice is try to lower the multiplier to 0.50 and then move it from here.

1 Like

I’m a newbie here as well, and unfortunately i can’t decipher @SuperMonaco_GP .ini file. Is there a way to make this file slightly more “idiot proof” and easier to understand for me please?

I apologize for being rather useless at this kind of thing guys

hi, the only thing you should do with the .ini file is adapt the wheel force value to your base (17 for sport, 25 pro and 32 ultimate). dor and other stuff are already set into the file, you don’t need to edit except for that value above. (dor into the file matches the one in the TD profile I shared, if you want you can edit the value but keep in mind .ini and TD dor must always match - and don’t go lower than 900).
paste the file it into rf2/user data/controller and then once ingame load the file and map your inputs, that’s it.

1 Like

Don’t forget that Device names also have to change in the ini according to their base.

“Device Name 1”:“SimuCUBE 2 Sport=#16d00d61”,

“Device Name 1”:“SimuCUBE 2 Pro=#16d00d60”,

“Device Name 1”:“SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate=#16d00d5f”,

2 Likes

thank you kindly sir, imported your settings in the TD’s import feature and adjusted the force value for my PRO and wow the difference to what i was using is absolute night and day :smiley:

Wonderful settings especially when you tinker with your aforementioned FFB multiplier, i find it most comfortable between the 0.40 to 0.50 region :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, where is the [rF2_2020.09.05_18.15.ini.txt] located in the rfactory2 folder?

rfactor2/userdata/controller

And it will load the Jason file and that ini file at the same time?

no, you need to put the file into the controller folder and then load it once ingame, if not the file won’t be used. the ini file is the TD profile, you have to import it into TD.
keep in mind dor in the file are at 1440, so TD must be also set to 1440. you can edit the value as you like tho.

1 Like

new rF2 TD profile (SC2 Sport)
rF2 -test-_2020.09.29_16.48.ini.txt (880 Bytes)
note : I changed dor to 900° - before it was 1440° - so the value should be changed accordingly into the .json file. as always, I suggest to set ingame ffb multiplier not higher than 50/55 depending on the car.

1 Like

Just wanted to share that i’ve testing with reconstruction filter 6 and car specific FFB mult. to 0.15-0.20 and this seems to be a very good ground and probably the best feeling so far (for me). Rest is same as before.
Cheers.

1 Like

Holy crap I have been trying to get the wheel rotation to match the screen for a couple of hours now and no luck. I have followed all of the directions here. json files are correct, made the changes when everything was closed, even the a launcher. Pulling my hair out. rF2 drives me freaking crazy with this kind of stuff haha.

upload your json to check

1 Like

Good afternoon all,

I’m new to DD wheels, but I’ve been reading a lot of this forum and experimenting a bit. Using the default TD profile and the controller JSON profiles documented on this thread I am finding a really good FFB from rf2 as-is. Though that might not be very representative.

What I would like to check with @SuperMonaco_GP is whether the tweak of scaling steering torque capacity to 1/10 still applies or is still required on an up-to-date rf2?
I’m on a SC2 pro, so I’d check with 2.5 instead of 1.7. Also should these changes be applied to the player’s controller.json file (I reckon so)?

Cheers, Pedro.

1 Like