Recommended True Drive settings for a more realistic car feel

@CLAYREGAZZONI
The effect is also so powerful, but I didn’t think of it right away. I had a serious accident once… a Ki pushed me away and that was it. I was allowed to take a week off from sim racing. I have an old Trace Elliot amp here and it totally reminded me of the True Drive software and when it started again, a lot of the settings just had different names. I then tried to set the Simucube2 like an old Trace Elliot GP12 smx and lo and behold it worked. It was Luck…

Something to wink at. :sweat_smile:
The audible difference between with slew rate (compressed) and without slew rate limit (not compressed).

Like I said before, no criticism of the game makers. It’s sad but It is what it is and we have to going to live with it atleast for a while. It’s not their fault either, they have to live with the hardware we have, too. I don’t think my PC do perform very well there either. :smirk:
1 Like

:rofl::rofl:
Add chorus, add 1250 layers, compute the best to her singing (much easier than waiting on her to meet with the beat :hatching_chick::hatched_chick:).
Those games I like most are either pretty old (I wonder how a present version of AC would be like), still much to much focused on the controller customers, or a bit arcade like F1 titles.
My PC is…I don’t really know:
I7/10700
Aorus Z490AC Elite
G.Skill Trident Z.R 32/4000
Be quiet 1000 power supply
3070ti Aorus Master
Ssung 970 Evo plus nvme
250+1TB
Samsung Odyssey G9 49 curved
I think is pretty ok. Never had performance problems at 5120x1440 at 120 Hertz

I see it this way:
Someone hits me in the face. He hits with 100 kg force (let’s assume there are 100kg from the very first moment and this amount doesn’t change till it is landing in my face) and with the speed of 60 miles.

The same slap, the same speed BUT (because I told him so) with 20 kg.
Everything stays the same, only the torque per time is limited

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing:

The charm of the classics does not decrease. I can recommend RFactor2 to you. The scope is not nearly as extensive, but definitely sufficient. But the FFB is unique in the industry. They could make more vintage cars available. But they are said to have revised the physics as well. However, I cannot confirm.

At least I have a vintage machine at my feet.
AMD 2600
x470 board
32GB Ram
1070GTX GPU

Well, most of the time I’m out and about in Motec anyway. Doing experiments with it is great fun.

1 Like

Here is the Eau Rouge followed by the Raidillon. The combination doesn’t have the weakest reputation.

Compressed here with 0.65 Nm/ms… you can also take a little more. But with the BMW that’s not necessary.

Make sure that it only compresses the Signal AND only the “curb”-frequencys when I drive over curbs.

1 Like

Hello,
I am reassured I am not crazy, I felt that the filters gave latency.
With your settings, how do you set the FFB gain in the game? Do you leave it at 1 in Rf2 and for example 100% for ASSETTO CORSA?

The car specific multiplier is 45% for me. So for the “BMW M4 Class1”.
I don’t think you can use that for the other games. Even within rFactor2, it doesn’t fit every car and every track. =/ :cry: Sorry…

Do you or maybe someone else have a list of the available Motec channels? I’m keen on AC because of the DRM mod and the :smiling_imp:Turbo :smiling_imp:Capri :smiling_imp:! Whether that works as above is easy to say… It didn’t work for ACC 6 months ago.
But It definitely works for IRacing and it is almost done.

1 Like

Oh I’m also a big fan of the MOD DRM especially for the Porsche 935, but I find that the FFB is not highlighted enough compared to the official KUNOS content, anyway AC is my favorite game.

1 Like

Good to know… :unamused:

You feel alive when you are deep into the matter, all the precious stuff you can read and learn from it, don’t you.
I have a picture in my mind:
A screen with 20 windows, full of graphs and calculations. Everywhere cross references and notes from previous analysises…:control_knobs::level_slider:

Are these your settings for iRacing?

Sorry :disappointed:, these are not intended for IRacing. I don’t think they will run well under IRacing because the FFB signal is different.

From interviews of drivers, it does seem like F1 cars are easier to drive due to all the more advanced technology in them vs other car series.

“I’ve driven Formula 1 cars. I’ve tested quite a few days with Renault. So for me, I’ll say it as it is – personally, that was the easiest car I’ve ever driven. It’s easy to drive to a certain extent. “And the reason why we see Formula 1 being, I would say, split up in the front of the field and then the midfield is extremely close, is the car is very easy to drive to a certain limit. Then finding that half a second to a second is what’s tough. Christian Lundgaard

it would explain why Muppets like stroll or latifi seem to be able to do enough to keep the car on the road and once in a blue moon, they can post a semi competitive time.

Although not really community related, I reply: you call them Muppets. I remember Russell wasn’t able to really get somewhere with the Williams. And Vettel isn’t faster than Stroll. That he retires is no argument. He would love to win, no driver is racing slower as he can.
Todays F1 show isn’t a “billionaire sons job” no more. They all are fast, they all have the potential to win races if their car is good. What you claim is a simplification and stereotype that died years ago.

Todays F1 show isn’t a “billionaire sons job” no more.

Stereotype? Any casual fan and even Netflix fans know that 2 or 3 F1 seats go to less skilled drivers with billionaire dads that pay for them. It’s very naive to think either Latifi, Mazepin or Stroll had their seats other than due to the billionaire dads. The whole grid isn’t obviously billionaires son but it is clear as day there are a number of seats given to billionaire’s sons because smaller teams need their money.

Also, you can possibly compare an outright F2 champion like Russell to Latifi or Stroll. Even better than you bring up Russell. He mopped the floor with Latifi on the same car for years, just like Albon is doing even after a year out. I won’t even post the head to head of them because any casual fan knows Russell is leagues better than Latifi.

And Vettel isn’t faster than Stroll.

Seriously? Way wrong lmao Vettel has outqualified Stroll 8 vs 3 times and has 4 times the amount of points in the same car. Vettel vs Stroll stats - head-to-head - Formula 1 points Saying that Vettel isnt faster than Stroll shows how little you know then.

All I can say is, the ignore function is awesome and don’t entertain his delusions

Yep, please keep the thread on topic. :slight_smile:

I work on rfactor 2 mainly, I will test some new settings, Ultra low latency, Reconstruction filter and I will try to add damper and friction, finally both at 0% is not really realistic.
It’s very hard to fill some filter, and it needs many tries.

1 Like