Recommended settings on Raceroom 2020

Alex Hodgkinson [RaceRoom dev] posted his work-in-progress SimuCube 2 settings in the Sector 3 forums on the 24th of September 2020:

Further testing is required, but from the brief time I spent with them last night I was mostly underwhelmed with the 0% Steering Rack feel.

2 Likes

They went from 50 to 0?
Try Steering Rack 30.

those settings are absolutely perfect for DD, it just took the main R3E physics dev to find them :slight_smile:
since I’m on Sport, the only modification I’ve done to the .rcs file - which is ready to be used on Pro - are replacing “Device name” with
DeviceName[00]=“Simucube 2 Sport”
DeviceId[00]="(224466640, -1, -1, 0)"
and raised steering force from 25 to 30 (also lowered slip to 1 and kerbs to 0).
everything else is perfect as it is.
@Andrew_WOT no need at all to set steering rack as before, just give those settings a try.

2 Likes

can someone show what simucube settings does he use ? since not all have simucube 2

5 Likes

Yeah, 30% steering rack is what I run. My R3E and TD profile settings are very similar to those discussed by yourself and other regulars in here and feel great. Thanks btw!

1 Like

Hi am having issues while jumping in a car. My wheel spins to one of the sides. or get a ffb shock right before the car starts. Any ideas on how to remove that?

Hey Andrew,
can you please share you ingame settings - as these are so hard to adjust for me - it might be helpfull for others too. Whould realy appriciate it!

Regards!

Yes that would be useful for me too.
I notice Andrew and a few others have their ffb in simucube software set to 100% which is 25nm.
If I do that I can’t move the wheel so think my other settings aren’t right. I’d have to turn the ffb in game right down.
I love the sim but the ffb just doesn’t quite feel right to me. I get it feeling decent in iracing. It feels vague in raceroom.
Hopefully we can dial the settings in.

Can you please share your TD and in game settings in iracing? @BunkerBogeyman

Hi, I’ll try to put some screen shots in below. New to the forum so might not work first time. :slight_smile:

I’ve only had the SC2 Pro a week so these are my initial settings. I might tweak more as I find my feet with it but to me it feels fairly decent compared to Raceroom.
The iracing settings will change depending on the car. This is for the Ferrari 488 GT3. The strength of 9.5 feels about right but I do fiddle with that depending on the car/track combo. The rest of the settings in iracing stay the same though.

Ferrari 488 Iracing

Feel free to recommend any tweaks which you think would be beneficial.
I’m mainly looking for help in raceroom though. :slight_smile:

My new settings raceroom for simucube 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3diYecnWyZRw6Jm3ilNF6GXneMz9hhh/view?usp=drivesdk

What version firmware are you using? I don’t have an “angle set by game” button and I’m sure I’m on the latest firmware.

Firmware 1.0.30
,…

Mine too but I don’t have that button. Does it disappear when you create a profile and click it?

it disappears but I can’t say what the trigger is to make it disappear.

Anybody experience like a buzzing sensation through the wheel? There is no audible sound it just feels like it’s buzzing. Only getting it in raceroom. Increases when cornering but can feel it on the straights as well. Tried a few different settings but to no avail. Bit of a noob with this, only had my SC2 up and running a few days. Any help is appreciated!

Put slip effect at 0

1 Like

That did the trick, thanks! Now I just gotta figure out the settings… Tried the Alex Hodgkinson TD settings but he makes no mention of in game aettings so dunno what to do, this is all jargon to me haha

Import this

[Simucube2_Profiles_V2]
Profile1\name=RaceRoom New 2
Profile1\dxsinegain=100
Profile1\dxsquaregain=100
Profile1\overallstrength=100
Profile1\dxspringgain=100
Profile1\dxfrictiongain=10
Profile1\dxdampinggain=10
Profile1\dxinertiagain=100
Profile1\bumbstoprange=0
Profile1\servo_torquebandwidth=8