Raceroom and Simucube 2 - original thread

I’ve been reading many people saying r3e is feeling now closer to rf2 than any other sim, after the last update. i really want to believe there is potential in this title like all those guys are saying, but in the meantime it is indeed very strange that r3e is the only sim currently present on the market to be so badly - if not at all - optimized for current gen Simucube dd. I wonder at this point if the situation is any different on Podium.

The feedback from DD1/2 users seems to be mostly positive from what I’ve seen.

I think they had some units to work with from what I can see in the pictures you posted earlier. I wish we could have been in the same position.

2 Likes

it seems to me that Mika has already indicated that s3 had received one. simucube 1 or 1 simucube 2

1 Like

Ok, thank you. I wasn’t aware of that.

There is a new FFB guide thread over at the Sector 3 forums with lots of new recommended settings for the various wheels but I’m yet to see anything regarding the SC2.

@Mika can you confirm if any SC1/SC2 units (or both) were sent to Sector 3 at some point in the past.

If they never were, that would explain why there is so little information given out from them in regards to baseline settings to start from.

Thanks!

1 Like

There would have been required to be somewhat constant and responsive email contacts so that we could have negotiated the terms on which to send SC2 units… of which there have been none extra so far, its not like we have extra units lying around anywhere at the moment.

1 Like

Sector 3 :rage:. :rage:.

1 Like

guys, how am I supposed to “load” a control profile?

on that loading screen, it says “go to options-controller settings-controller profile”, but I don’t see any way to load a profile…

Go into the controller profiles section and you’ll see a screen like this:

Your currently used profile will be in a lighter shade of grey. All of the others will be a darker grey.

Scroll through the list and you will see a profile named “Simucube 2 pro”. This is the profile released by Sector 3 and the one that we are supposed to use.

Once you select this new profile you will have to re map all of your controls.

I’ve already tried the new profile and my personal opinion is that it makes very little difference so make sure you don’t delete your old profile just in case you want to go back to it.

I’m going to post about the problems I’m having in a little while. Good luck mate.

1 Like

I can totally understand your position, Mika. Thank you very much for answering that.

thanks mate, but I guess it doesn’t appear to me because I got the Sport, not the Pro :frowning:

1 Like

Of course… Doh!

You can still use the pro profile and you may have to dial the forces in a little to your liking. It’s worth a try but I personally haven’t had any luck with it. I think it’s worth trying but just make sure to keep your old profile so you can go back to it if needed.

1 Like

Some more general observations I have after spending/wasting a couple more hours with the game today.

After playing around with the in game settings and my original .rcs, I gave up. No matter what I tried, the centering spring effect was still being secretly overridden by The Hulk :sweat_smile:

I deleted that controller profile and selected the newly provided S3 profile named “Simucube 2 Pro”.

For me, it made a slight improvement but the ffb still feels fundamentally wrong. The most noticeable thing is that the wheel lightens significantly as soon as you move even a degree off of center. You can be moving slowly down a long straight, gently curving to left to right as if you were warming up tyres and this is enough to bring in a understeer effect that lightens the wheel as you move off center. Along with this, the wheel tries to self centre with much more force than is required, causing slow oscillation.
Car rocks back and fourth a few times, then spins. Completely unnatural.

I’ve had to turn the in game understeer and lateral force to zero! (2nd picture)

I’ve also noted that turning these effects to around 30% results in clipping on the in game FFB meter. Something I was never even close to before the update.

Something else that’s puzzling me is the DirectInput effects. If you look at the following pictures you’ll see that they are appearing and dissapearing. These were taken during the same game session.

When I noticed that sine wave was active, I moved the slider from 0% to 100%, thinking that maybe I was stopping a required signal getting through. Doing that introduced the effect that I was permanently driving over a rumble strip so I took it back down to 0%.

Maybe I’m missing something completely but I’ve given up in frustration for now. Surely it shouldn’t be this hard to get some basic FFB going :cry:

1 Like

Cheers Paul. Did install R3E yesterday again and played around with the FFB settings. Couldn`t get anything that felt natural to me…or at least what I would accept to be a natural feel at least. I cannot feel what the cr is doing beneath me to be honest.
If I come up with something decent, I will post my settings here.

One thing: When I set damping under “other filters” lower than 50% I get a bad resonance on straights with the wheel swinging to both sides violently.

1 Like

Sorry it’s not working well for you either, Rob.

Hearing I’m not the only person struggling at least lets me know that I’ve not been sitting here and losing my mind :grinning:

I’m sure the between us all we will work out what’s going wrong pretty soon.

If bon want for test
My settings for simucube 1

@EsxPaul try those settings (i go for memory, I am not at home atm) :
TD :
recon 4 - tbw 2200hz
damping 15% - friction 9% - inertia 0%
direct input : damper 100 - frition 100 - sine wave 100 - all other to 0
INGAME :
ffb gain 70% - damper, spring and smooth to 0
steer force intensity 130% - min force 0 - understeer 40% - vertical load 60% - lateral load 40% - steer rack around 20%, depends on car
All other effects to 0
ADVANCED SETTINGS : set steer sensible min and max values to zero
Also very important to edit the steeringwheels.xml file to include SC2 so that you can manually set the degrees of rotation for every car

Might not be perfect, but for me those settings are a very decent start. Let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the settings. I will give those a try when I’m back on the PC and let you know if they make a difference :+1:

Hello,
where is the " steeringwheels.xml" ?
Thanks

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General