Raceroom and Simucube 2 - original thread

Maybe this is important?

1 Like

Where is the new default profil ??? I have Fanatec, Logitech, Accuforce, keyboard … but no default profil !!!

There is no Simucube Profile, just Fanatec DD1/DD2

1 Like

I thought Sector 3 were using an SC2 as part of their testing in the lead up to this latest update and that would provide us with some decent baseline settings.

I’m disappointed they’ve included profiles for the DD1/DD2 and yet nothing for us :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

@Mika - any info on this?

No info - they seem to be not willing to contact us directly although we have attempted to contact and keep in contact with them. This is very strange.

My suspicion is that they have changed the “default” profile for “unknown” devices so that they will not have the jolt magnitude=1.0 anymore (or fixed that effect so that it does not keep on after the jolt) - so generic stuff for all DD wheels at the moment.

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming that, Mika.

I was wondering if the update might mess around with the jolt magnitude editing that I had previously done.

I’ll go and check on that when I’m back at the PC, just to see if has remained the same as before.

no profile simucube in the game, sector 3 = "a new profile by default " for tne news devices but I do not see it in the list, in addition it is necessary to put a .rcs file (SC2 profile) but I can not find the link of this .rcs file in this post, it tired me, I like my simucube 2 but I understand some people who no longer have the patience of always having to look for information right and left, and then they will buy a Fanatec DD2 simpler for them

The .RCS file is normally placed here, Claudio:

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

That file can be found in the very first post of this thread.

Thanks EsxPaul !!! I converted the rcs to put in the folder “my documents …” and the .ini file in the True Drive and I see the profile SC2 in the list of wheels still thank you to you !!!

1 Like

Alex from Sector 3 requested my .RCS file to take a look at. Hopefully he’ll be able to take a look and offer some suggestions going forward :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hope so… the FFB is horrible even with trying all these settings above.
i give up on RRE until they officially support SC2.

I have changed away from the settings in the original post myself, but gotten very used to the ffb in raceroom. I don’t think it’s horrible. It changed on this latest update, but not a lot. It’s a lot easier to feel the car growing unsteady on breaking now than previously.

JonD, did you end up making a new controller profile as recommended by S3?

They were also suggesting that the direct input damping setting should not be left at 0% because it would hide the newly added stationary friction effect.

I’m yet to try the update myself and trying to get a handle on what might need to be adjusted.

nope, out now but can try send it to you tomorrow.

1 Like

I just gave it a go after the update and it feels worse than it did before.

I noticed the wheel wants to return to center far too quickly, in a very spring like manner.

If I’m driving down a long straight and try moving the wheel slightly left and right, as if you were warming up tyres, that return to center effect takes over and it starts to oscillate. Feels terrible and I’m thinking I’ll have to start from scratch again.

As a side note, today’s hotfix has brought some new controller preset for us. They are named “Simucube 1” and “Simucube 2 pro”

this new simucube 2018 controller has an inverted force feedback parameter. really surprising that this profile was used at s3

Thanks. Sounds like it isn’t worth trying out.

It’s strange because Alex requested me to upload my own .RCS file for him yesterday. Then today, we suddenly find these presets. I assumed Alex would take a look a my file and make some adjustments that thought would be needed.

The new physics feel like a step forward, especially the feel under braking, as @JonD mentioned.

I can feel that the potential is there now but it just doesn’t communicate well with the SC2 at the moment. If they had taken up the offer from GD and worked together, this could have been so much better.

1 Like

Mika, can I ask something if you don’t mind.

If Sector 3 had shown a willingness to work closely with you, would you have sent them a unit so that they could determine some decent baseline templates for us?

2 Likes

I’ve been reading many people saying r3e is feeling now closer to rf2 than any other sim, after the last update. i really want to believe there is potential in this title like all those guys are saying, but in the meantime it is indeed very strange that r3e is the only sim currently present on the market to be so badly - if not at all - optimized for current gen Simucube dd. I wonder at this point if the situation is any different on Podium.