Project cars trouble shooting

I tried dampening 0 and all ok now so must have been a clitch or something.

FFb is quite good but no matter what I change I can t get rid of that cardboard feel to the steering.

tried all combinations of recon filter and low and high TBW and even a bit of inertia.
Running raw 100 50 50 20 but to no avail

This game has strange ffb. I have trying two days now to make this game enjoyable, but no.
There is no real feeling in corners, no force etc.

Then i went back to iracing and figured out one heck of great setup! No going back to pcars 2.
Im waiting now if somebody finds good setup for pcars.
Hopefully someday…

1 Like

There seems to be some internal min dampening on which you cant turn off. Maybe something in the customer control settings will have a look when Ive got time.

After watch gamermuscles comparison with ac using the xbow at brands Id thought id compare them myself.

Results pc2 1 33.5 Ac 1.35.4 the pc2 one definitely has way more grip and on most corners you can floor the gas and it will stick.

Same for me, it is frustrating. Coming from AC and hoping that pc2 will give us better FFB than pc1, but what a disappointment. That’s just ridiculous how it feels. Hopefully there is some “dude” who will sort it out eventually some day

The ffb is good/fun/easy at the moment but give WMD time and I’m sure it will improve .

Ill have another go in AC and try and improve my time and see if I can get anyway near my PC2 time of 1.30.9.

i made a small video tutorial on how to set up a Simucube for PC2

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing the video, btw interesting to see that pc2 is pretty asynchronous OSW <-> ingame wheel (see also my comment SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread)

Thanks I had one thing set wrong in mine tried RAW just now too feels very nice :slight_smile:
My speed sense steering was not at 0 thought it felt odd in some cars :slight_smile:

Nice video.
You didnt show your simucube settings in the video otherwise. Im curious about that side too.

Also i guess you dont use Jack Spede ffb files?

1 Like

I was playing with settings last night and found a sweet spot (for me) didn’t have time to screen capture all the settings but will post later this evening when I get home (US EST). For the first time (Road America) downhill turn 3 I felt the car go light, front end perception is a lot better and times improved perceptibly. I do remember zeroing friction inertia and damping in Simucube, filter 4, 58% strength, 470Hz and center filter off. IN game settings will have to wait, but boy what a difference.

Great, i’m interested in trying these when you get the game settings as well :slight_smile:

strange. with jack spade files the ffb is way better than anything AC ever did for me… WAY better.

imo AC‘s FFB feels totally generic, PC2 is more on the iRacing side of things.

I am using spades file alt low comp

I tried the Alt, but it seemed to really like to oscillate at center. I’ve been using either Raw or the Standard Low from jack spade.

EDIT: FYI, new version of Jack Spade files out today, with 2 DD specific files.

2 Likes

Thanks will check em out

Fired up Pcars2 for the first time tonight. Others experiences above meant I was able to get it all working without any issues. Thanks.

However, despite trying some of the SimuCUBE settings suggested above I’m getting awful oscillation from the wheel. Makes the cars undriveable. Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?

[Simucube|Small MiGE|10,000ppr|IONI Pro HC|Mean Well 480/720W]

My current Settings, GT3 488 Ferrari
Jack Spade alt low comp DD file.
Large Mige, Simucube, Fanatec formula wheel, sli-Max. ioni Pro Meanwell 720

pcars2pcars3

1 Like

Thanks @Drizute. Tried your settings but still wild oscillations. I have similar gear to many others who are not having this problem, so that must be something obvious I am missing.

try diffrent tbw settings independently higher recon filters. you should find a balance

My settings both my Simucube settings feel good