Feels like Losing ffb :(

Hi guys
Today I have 2 occasions I suddenly feel i lost the ffb, the steering suddenly feel very light without any crashing in the practice session. Two occasions and 2 different car. I am quite sure in the second occasion i still feel the kerbs etc but the steering wheel feels like no damping.

Anyone have the same experience? Both session was less than an hour long each an i only have this experience today. I have my simucube2 Pro last 6 months now and never had this feeling before.

Any idea?

Maxx

HI Maxx,

I had an experience on Tuesday, iracing, Donnington, BMW gte or f3 not sure, the ffb went away for maybe 2 secs and then came back.
Never had that happen before.
I always use irffb in iracing, so I put it off as possibly caused by that.

It was not just the ffb missing, it also did not detect my steering for those 2 secs.

Did your ffb come back by itself too?
Also, do you happen to use irffb too?

Cheers

Sounds like Hands Off detection, can you set it to Off or Low?

1 Like

i only use iracing ffb , no other software if that is what you mean.

I felt it went missing , i was using posche 911 cup car and porsche gt4. Both i feel suddenly went missing and the GT4 i am not sure it just went to very weak or completely gone. ( my ffb for that car wasn’t stong to begin with, But for the 911 I still feel something but i was clear enough in that particular moment my ffb felt much weaker.

Not sure what is going on, never felt that way before.

@Maxx Can you check that both of your power supplies are plugged in securely at both ends (IEC connectors and at the rear of the servo) using the steps below, provided by @Mika

Important: Please power off Simucube, then disconnect the AC (mains) side power cords, and wait a while, and only after this verify that the power cables are connected to Simucube 2 itself.

Hey Andrew_WOT,

I did have hands off detection set to “off”.
It was really weird. As said it has also only happened that once… And no beeping or anything.
Seemed to me to be more of an issue somewhere else than in the firmware. Just different.

Thanks

This has happened to me before, then I moved my rig (disconnected cables and power from the SC2) and have not had any problems since I attached cables again so maybe that is the solution as mentioned above.

That actually solve the problem, I believe i feel it is correct now.

Another questions for @Mika or anybody from the team

• Does the software has a clear indication to show which component is potentially not working/connect properly?

• Do we have a calibration mode somewhere it can run and give is a report/feedback to show which function ( torque/fiction/damping) could be potentially still working but might NOT be as accurate any more , losing strength/power etc…

In this incident I would have no idea what is working or not but i feel it is still functional, would be great to have any calibration mode and report back to us. If this exist already please guide me through if not that could be helpful.

Thank you everyone

Simucube 2 Pro does not have separate voltage measurement for the power connectors, so if your issue was that, then it was impossible to detect via software.

how about the performance wise?

• Do we have a calibration mode somewhere it can run and give is a report/feedback to show which function ( torque/fiction/damping) could be potentially still working but might NOT be as accurate any more , losing strength/power etc…

there pretty much does not exist any fault that would cause any single software-based torque effect to stop working for some reason.

This is not to say that we haven’t thought of implementing a testing mode with some self-test features, but there really hasn’t been a case where that would have been useful yet.

thanks for you reply, I am trying to understand a bit more.

So how do we know if a PRO(25NM) with full damping ( or any selected value ) should have this X amount of strength or resistance.

My question is how do we know the product is functioning as expected correctly ?

As there is no torque sensor on the system, other than current measurement from the motor, there is no such testing possible without external test hardware. Such test is done at our factory tester.

Is it possible to calculate torque from acceleration speed?
Guess wheel must be removed or different weight/diameter brands can scew the results. Understand it won’t be super accurate.

It is nowhere accurate enough like that, and diagnostic value is negligible anyway.