F1 2017 crashing after upgrade

fan speed doesnt help here either just tested.

Maybe try lightly underclocking the graphics card, just to see if it works.
One other question, do you have Corsair liquid cooling with link installed?

still crashes here doing that. even if that works for some, it sounds like less fps = probally less ffb updates / steering updates. might be linked to that.

the less fps the more stable the game is.

Hey Mika,

Just to let you know, sorry but I wasn’t very scientific about this when I was trying to get it going, so the two other things I did was:
1 - Bumped up the Vcc on my CPU to 1.26 volts from the default, it’s a 4790k and put the clocks back to default @ 4.0 - 4.4 turbo.
2 - Increased to fan speed profile on my i80 corsair liquid cooling. (these were set really low using the quiet profile)

Maybe if Sebastian gets a chance he could try this as well.

One other to note: the software “Corsair Link 4” has an interface to the USB bus and it is known to be quite flaky, when you install their control software it may cause USB problems. A good piece of software to help fix their issues which I have installed is “SIV”, system information viewer, it will let you know if there is any problems with the way your Corsair ixxx hardware is registered in your system and can fix it. As well, this is a really nice piece of software for seeing everything in your system.

Thanks,

From my side, I’ve done multiple usb log captures of the game crashing/freezing, and they do not look any different up to the point of crash, where the communications just stop.

Your adjustments might have changed some internal relations in the F1 2017 game engine so that graphics can be processed as fast as FFB output and DirectInput… but this is just my guess.

Ok guys, I did some tests after reading the previous comments. So, as Mika says, the problem is a conflict with the engine of the game. In fact (at least in my case), if I put the video frequency at 60hz locked with the vsync active, the game does not crashes. I tried to go up with the video frequency, but at 100hz it works for a while then crashes. If you put the vsync off, it crashes immediately.

1 Like

This is excellent data. I’ll forward this to Codemaster right away!

Ok Mika, now I have this problem in game. A vibration due to the effect “Weight of the steering wheel”, the last slide of the settings of the game. Basically it is the effect to feel the weight of the car in the corners, but as soon as you turn a little to DX or SX the steering wheel vibrates so annoying. If I lower that effect too much to lower the vibration, I lose the weight of the car when cornering.

We will have to wait until I can actually get the game to work on my rigs, before I can debug it’s effects :slight_smile: But please report any&all findings, this is all good data.

1 Like

Hey Frumens,

This is about the best settings I have found so far to help minimize those vibrations but still feel the wheel:
In game

• Force feedback - 130
  • On track effects - 15
  • Rumblestrip effects - 10
  • Off track effects - 5
  • Wheel weight - 60
    SimuCUBE:

I think the main one you need is filtering, seems you need to go really high on that one!

Good luck and let me know if you find anything better :slight_smile:

It kinda feels like the game is treating the wheel a bit like a game pad rumble effect…I have never used a filter value that high in any other game.

In some codemasters games you need to edit their controller files (2) to add the SimuCUBE and its USB device id so that game treats it as a wheel, well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what codemasters come back to Mika with…

1 Like

I have tried F1 2017 with the suggested settings and for the first time I could drive, be it for only 30 seconds.
The game still freezes :frowning_face:

Did you put the 60hz refresh monitor and the vsync ON?

In game as well there is an option under graphics for vsync, this also has to be set to on.

In Nvidia 60hz refresh rate, Vsync On and in the game also Vsync On and refresh 60Hz, still freezes :frowning:

mine doesn’t work either.

I find it a pity that all those who own the game can not play because of a job not deep enough. Since I have my direct drive I can not play this game while I love it. When the problem will be resolved I think F1 2018 will be already in the trade…

there is not much you can complain about this firmware is in still wip and beta and they are looking into it, and even talking with the devs of the game. if you like this game so much and it is so important to you, why are you not running mmos where it works fine on?

1 Like

I am 100% convinced this is not at fault on the OSW side, it probably some weird piece of code in the game as it is the ONLY game that doesn’t work.
By the way, I have a high resolution encoder (more then 2 million cpr) that isn’t supported by MMOS.

I have the Sincos engine. This is not compatible with MMOS

We don’t know yet. it doesn’t happen with mmos and that also works at a very high refresh rate.
So it will be real interesting where the problem lies

I was answering your question. I told you that I can’t use MMOS because I have the engine version with sincos.