Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2

RT93pads38 i gave your settings a try and although they are ok, i am not sure i had the best control and feel of the car and road surface… Of course these things are quite subjective based on the experiences and expectations of each person, but I would suggest you to have a go on my settings

Depending on the car (AWD, FWD, RWD) and the road surface you might have to play with the overall strength from 42% to 55%.

1 Like

I was following this up on another thread but does it matter if these settings are for pro version or sports? Are all settings applicable for the three different models?

Settings translate pretty well across the 3 models. Manav. If you set it to something specific to your liking on the Pro, for example, those same (or very similar) settings will also be to your liking on the other 2 :wink:

Of course, you can tweak it and fine-tune it to your liking on each specific servo after migrating settings across…

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response! This makes community profiles easy to copy without hurting my small brain.

Cheers Mate, you’re most welcome.

Just bear in mind, you might need to manually enter the settings, as there are some parameters missing from the different SC2 versions.

Apologies if I misunderstood! Settings translate fine, but you might have challenges copying complete profiles across…I have not played with this, perhaps Mika can advise

1 Like

I just wanted to provide an update on the settings I have posted a couple of months ago. Having now more experience with the SC2 pro and getting to more challenging cars/leagues I had to look for some better settings. These are good enough for me now to win championships in master league as they give me a lot better feeling and control of the car and I am sure that down the road I will tweak them even more.

The D/I in TD are set to 0 (I think they don’t matter anyway). Also the settings are based on an impreza 2001 and gravel surface, with a 33cm diameter D-shape wheel. For other cars and surfaces, some fine tuning will be needed. I feel that 4WD (or maybe also FF, not sure though) cars need slightly more self aligning torque and more overall strength in TD. I would normally play with overall strength in TD and self-aligning torque depending on the car, surface but also the car the setup. The rest should more or less remain the same. Of course FFB feeling is personal and if you try the settings you should tweak them to your liking. Overall, with these settings I think that the wheel does what it is supposed to do. These settings are demanding and with strong forces. You could also try a higher recon filter for more smoothness.

I hope you find them helpful and of course feel free to comment. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome. Cheers!

5 Likes

Further to the settings i posted yesterday, I just realized today that actually the friction in Direct Input effects is indeed active. So with further testing i increased by 5% the friction in Direct Input and decreased by 1% in Constantly Operating filters.The settings and testing is done in Poland with an impreza 2001 and i think the new settings gave me an edge with better and more precise control in the high speed corners in Poland. I am not sure these changes would be good though in tight corners, i ll have to check later on.

2 Likes

Hi - Do have the in-game settings as well? I want to replicate and try :grinning:

The in-game settings are the same as on my post on 22/2. If you try this on heavy gravel with hairpins like Argentina or Greece use a TD strength of 50%-52%. Anyway i think that by only adjusting the TD strength depending on the car and the road surface, you should be able to find the sweet spot for you. Let me know if you found these any good…

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect much FFB on tarmac in DR2. More details are present when on loose surfaces but, tarmac is almost completely without detail except for some self-aligning torque. With FWD / AWD, cars, there is no torque-steer on any surface that I can feel in DR2. DR1-ffb was better imo but, neither one meet’s the standard set by most other simulation titles unfortunately.

1 Like

Indeed tarmac in DR2 sucks but with bumping up 5%-8% the TD strength i can get some better sense and is somewhat enjoyable. I haven’t bothered trying DR1 with the SC2, so cannot comment.

great set up👍
just minor changes I made.
in game saturation i reduce to 55%. your settings much to indirect for me.
also in TD max strength 10.5 Nm, and max steering angle 480 degrees.
with that its awesome

1 Like

You are right, i think for the 480 degs my suggested 14nm would be too much… I have always tried to use values as close to 900 as i think it is more realistic. For DR2 i found the 780 to be just right in most cars.
I am very happy that the settings worked well for you and with your personal tweaking you enjoy them as that is the whole point of sharing them. Cheers mate!

1 Like

I just jumped up global rankings and saved seconds off my time by changing the steering angle to 480 :astonished:

Granite Team - I think @Panschoin settings should be default starting point in TD :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, this is a well known “trick” for all Dirt Rally games. 270-480 DOR will make the games much easier to drive.

1 Like

Sort of agree with you on this. But for me it is just that by decreasing too much the rotation, i feel that i am losing the ffb details and realism. I mean these are rally cars not karts. But to be honest i think that all the modern rally cars are more in the 480 deg range. So it depends what everybody is looking for. If you are after the best times, then since apparently most people use low rotation values, you will have to adjust. If you are looking for just fun and enjoyment by driving, then just try to keep it to stock car values. I ve tried using the game soft lock, but it doesn’t seem to work. Anyway there is no one size fits all and people should try and find what suits them best.

2 Likes

Most cars virtual wheel match rotation of the real one at 540.
It’s pretty much standard on modern rally cars and recommended in game DOR.
Might not be as quick as 270 or joystick.

yes 480 degree fits for gravel and snow perfect. :+1:

1 Like

I dont get the calibrate button, Dirt rally recognizes the simucube 2 pro but I can only load game presets not calibrate when I press device options, any solutions?

I can’t select it as primary steering device either.

Hey @Nellma not sure if you found it, but you get to it by pressing F2 at that same screen you took a screenshot of. I had trouble finding it too