Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Mine is like this:

& you’re very welcome.

Loving this wheel & this forum 8)

2 Likes

I was a little dubious at first but tried the settings and yeah, feels pretty good! There seem to be less “light” spots too where the FFB seems to fade a bit. Tried it with the Caterham 620R, Super V8, and P1, all felt really good.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & cars tested NuScorpii. Really appreciate it!

I will go and try a few more too.

Hoping that Mika/GD will add a pre filter for smoothing one day soon 8)
That would allow more freedom of play for this & in general.

1 Like

thank you again you are nice

99% bump stop effect, isn’t that too much ?? what exactly does this effect

It’s just for the bump stop it does not effect the FFB while normal driving in any way. Unless you are constantly at full steering lock. 99 dampening effect does what it says: dampens hard hits to bump stop ant prevents bounce back. But that at the end of steering angle.

1 Like

New “important” patch soon

2 Likes

Anybody got any idea if the automobilista 2 cars are too easy to drive or it’s the other sims that got them way too hard? iRacing V8 vs this V8, I know they are not the same cars, but the difference in how hard they are to drive is staggering.
Just curious. Is great either way 8)

Comparing the F1 Ferrari 2004 car in AC and F1 V10 car in Automobilista 2, for me the F1 car in AC is easier to drive. In Ams2 I get many oversteers in corners compared to AC.

Thanks for heads up 8)
Downloading now, will be interesting!

1 Like

Right, I agree it does not seem to be the case for the F1’s & P1’s. Will be interesting how these things develop over time.
Aside from the physics, def. the ffb in AMS2 is different than everything else, in a good way 8)
Just the physics I’m not sure of which might be more realistic. Not trying to start that whole debacle, I know they are just games all of them 8)

oh, for anybody interested I posted some different style TrueDrive settings for AMS2 further up some days ago.
I still find these to be the best so far.

Reiza solved an issue with the Fast Dampers that seems to addess some of the handling issues. I tested the beta last night and was pleasantly surprised with both the car-handling and FFB improvements. There have been a couple of Hot-Fixes since then to address some other smaller issues.

Of the cars I tried so far (P-class (All) / Caterhams / SCV8 / Ultima GTR / Sprint), the overall handling consistency is improved. FFB seems better too, more detailed and consistent although, those cars with stronger FFB may still need lower Gain settings.

Note: Increasing LFB can act as a range-limiter in combination with lowering the Gain.
If you experience strong spikes in FFB during hard cornering+high suspension-load, increasing LFB & reducing Gain can help.

Overly sensitive brakes seems to be mostly a non-issue now but, some players report that re-calibration of the pedals may solve it in some cases.

IMPORTANT : In order to ensure you completely reset your build to the latest changes, it´s strongly recommended to delete your MyDocs/Automobilista 2 settings folder and start anew".

4 Likes

just drove a P1 around Suzuka, man it feels great!!!

1 Like

Right, agree, P1 seems much improved!
Did the Ultima GTR on Virginia, a riot too, crazy.

Then a few laps on Interlagos historical in the V8.
That car is FUN, but just does not seem realistic, WAY to much grip on the front wheel, both on acceleration & on braking, you can’t almost crash it. It’s weird how the road seems to have a magnetic touch on the wheels that goes ON/OFF sometimes and on this car it’s just OOONNN too much.

A weird combination is P4 on Guapore. Same story, very ON/OFF magnet between tyres & track. Just in a different way, it’s like it’s flying between the stones. That might be the worst combo.

Otherwise this is just fantastic, hard to stop & appreciating SimuCube 2 on such a day 8)

1 Like

Have you seen the custom ffb on the Reiza forums?

I’m using this in combination with your TD settings. You need to adjust the FFB settings in game to get the most out of it but it’s really come alive. My AMS2 settings for the custom ffb are:

Before I was using 25, 15, 30, 2

Let me know what you think.

Hey NuScorpii,

No, I had not, thanks!

Tried the latest one now for a while & tried to tune in to my liking, but I faced some issues, that I have not been able to dial out:

• Missing engine vibrations: FX at 10 is required to not have too wild road presence, but then I don’t have engine vibrations, which I like. They seem to be as they were before, so well present at FX 50. But then the road noise is too much.

• Missing road details: At FX 10 I felt like I was missing some road details. I was able to get those back by dialing down to FX 3-4.

So for now I am still at my “usual combination”: “36, 16, 50, 20” @ 13,8nm

But I have not tried both his setups, just the last one, so maybe his first one would suit me better as it might not be quite as road noisy. Also I will test your “25, 15, 30, 2” @ 25nm(I assume).

Looking forward to trying those out tomorrow 8)

Thanks again!

Yes I’ve got the overall strength at 25nm.

On a more general note, it seems like Reiza at one point changed a lot of the cars brake balance forwards when there was criticism of the braking. They fixed the braking in the latest patch but haven’t shifted the brake balance back, so a lot of cars now don’t brake very well and wear out the fronts quicker than the rears.

1 Like

I have an issue with AMS2 that iI have never had before. Sometimes when I turn over a curb my SC2 stops running and the green light turns on, after that the base turns off and on again. I supposè the issue is related to a bump stop problem, how can I avoid it? Thank you for your help