SimuCUBE Firmware v0.9.x bug reports

One report of wheel turning very fast after going in car in iRacing. Can’t explain it right away.

Please post if you have similar results!

it will also help to know if simple alt-tab out of game - back to game will resolve this kind of issue.

i had one issue after enabling ioni config, closing granity, then going back into simucube. for operating mode, it said “unable to connect to ioni”. a restart of the simucube hardware fixed it.

event log shows

SimuCUBE Boot : 0
Flash settings data loaded : 0
Rewriting default read-only profile with new values : 0
Initial config has been previously performed. Initializing Drive. : 0
State: Initializing Drive : 0
Error initializing SMBus baudrate : 0
First-time drive initialization : 0
Got CPR from Drive : 1048576
SM Watchdog disabled successfully : 0
Waiting for faults to clear : 0
Waiting for servo to be ready : 0
Read MMC value from Drive : 18500
Read Motor Resistance value from Drive : 1000
SMBus baudrate initialized successfully : 0
State: Drive initialization was successful : 0
SM Watchdog enabled successfully : 0
State: Before operational - calculating new constant values : 0
State: Operational : 0
Command: Request Profile number : 0
event 240 : 0
event 240 : 1
Command: Request Profile number : 1
Command: Request Profile number : 2
Command: Request Profile number : 3
Command: Request hardware settings : 0
Command: Request analog input settings : 0
Command: Set hardware settings data : 0
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 0
event 239 : 0
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 0
event 239 : 1
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 1
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 1
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 2
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 2
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 3
Command: Set profile settings for profile : 3
Command: Set hardware settings data : 0
Command: Set analog input settings data : 0
State: Saving settings to flash : 0
SM Watchdog disabled successfully : 0
Command: Set settings not changed : 0
Command: Release SMBUS : 0
State: Releasing SM Bus : 0
State: SM Bus released successfully : 0
Command: Regain SMBUS : 0
State: Regaining SMBus : 0
State: Regaining SMBus failed : 0
State: Unknown/erroneous state : 0
State: Drive connection error : 0
Command: Reload settings from flash : 0
Command: Event log download request : 0

You did read about known issues on the release history page? :wink:

Thanks @Mika for this update, great job as usual… :+1:

Raceroom use sinwave effects. A little bug with shifter FFB effect in the game (It’s the last effect listed in the FFB setup in the game). It’s a timed effect. But with Simucube if I engage the shifter, vibration remains for ever…

I was not expecting any games to be using timed effects. I will add that for 0.9.2 version.

Or perhaps even for the 0.9.1…:thinking:

… and its been implemented now with 4 lines of code, after verifying that the usb command parsers actually place the duration variable correctly at effect initialization, and that the modify duration -command also does it.

3 Likes

Could this behavior be caused by the new firmware?

Can I just use the previous version to downgrade the fw to see if it’s new for this release?

Yes, but downgrade must be done as follows:

1. Start new version first. Start firmware update wizard. When it says with green text “Found SimuCUBE in Firmware Upgrade Mode”, press cancel and close the tool.
  2. Now use the old version. It will not connect, as the SimuCUBE is in Firmware Upgrade Mode. You can run the firmware update wizard using the old version.

Please do not use the old version Configuration Tool for new versions - unexpected things might happen.

You can also, with the new version, just put all the new effect sliders to 0% to see if it is one of the new effects that causes the issue.

I have now downgraded as above, note here is that profiles is reset (deleted) as well, maybe expected behavior.

However, the behavior is 0.9 specific as I have no ffb issues with the older fw, when I upgrade to 0.9 again I get back the behavior.

I’ll guess it is track dependent somehow as I did an 1.5h race on another track yesterday without any problems.

This is the effect history shown when torque peaks just have happen

All effect slider 0 or 100%% doesn’t make any difference to the peak (but work for effect in general).
And as mention, in-game 0.1 or 1.0 do affect the overall ffb, but peak seems always very high.

If I can provide any more info/logs/test, please let me know.

Thanks for this information.

It is just the imola track you posted? Any particular car that I should test this? Probably I will test also this before releasing 0.9.1.

I have tested with Endurance Series, GTE, Aston Martin V8 Vantage #85 1.5 and also MAK-Corp Mods Group C 1991 Season Porsche 962C #16 0.96

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788866138&searchtext=enduracers
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582567883&searchtext=mak-corp

Yes it’s the track in my other post. For me I can notice already when leaving the pit, going over some “lines” on track maybe and around curbs, going over them fwd/bwd, most time when driving slowly.

1 Like

I checked the code. The scaling of all effects is programmed the same way for each effect, and as sine effect works very well, I expect the scaling not to be at fault.

I fixed timed effects to work for next version. It might be that the sawtoothUp effect is only meant to last for 10ms for example, but instead hangs constantly on. This is fixed already.

However, I will check the actual effect output code for sawtooth effects as well. There might be something wrong with it, although I did test my c code with Octave (matlab clone)…

ok, i’ll test again when the 0.9.1 is released then.

Hi,

I have noticed that Simcube V.09 takes a long time to load. I dont know whether it is because I have too many profiles.

Sometimes there is a lag between loading a setting, or changing a setting, and it has hang up once or twice whilst waiting to load.

Also is there a quicker way to delete the profiles in the profile management page, it takes a long time to delete the profile one at a time, i have too many for some reason that I can get rid of although I have deleted the config file, any help will be appreciated,thanks.

Can you estimate of what is your current amount of profiles? I might be able to make these things faster. Is it just when opening the configuration tool, or also when changing profiles or settings in a profile?

Hi Mika,

Thanks for your input.

There is an estimate of about 60 profiles when scrolling down through the profile management list.

It’s weird because I have deleted the profiles from the Simcube FW config file, but I can still see the profiles listed in the config tool management profile. I have tried to delete some of these profiles individually from the list, but there appear to be endless.

Yes, it is mainly when opening the Config tool, it does take a longer time to load the wheel settings settings before you can edit anything, thanks again. Regards

Please take note that all the profiles are actually stored inside the SimuCUBE. The simucubeprofiles.ini is meant for exporting the profiles for backup purposes, and it also allows to share (small number of) profiles or importing a backup to a new SimuCUBE.

Deleting a profile will cause the SimuCUBE to delete all profiles internally, and the configuration tool will then resend all profiles back to SimuCUBE - i.e. the management of the profiles is done on the Configuration tool, as it is more difficult to do inside the embedded hardware.

Thanks Mika, got the message:)

Also, settings data in 0.9 is 110 bytes, including 2 commands to get/set it. 0.8 and earlier were 55 bytes. So twice the time there.

I have an API improvement in mind, which will make this a bit faster at least.

1 Like

@Mika : I think a new little bug with 0.9 last version Simucube and last version 1.6.9 Ioni. If I make for example 900° rotation in simucube with bumppstops, the steering wheel is stopped 10% degrees before the end, in this example 440 or -440 degrees.

I must write 920° in Simucube to have a real 900°… :slight_smile: